5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient Light Wheel: LoneStar

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I can’t seem to see any difference in any of the interior lighting when I turn the Ambient Light Wheel on the left.

6C3F2AB0-15EB-4ECC-B2E9-8A40EC599AF1.jpeg

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Do you have the Dash Lights all the way up? Evidently someone else posted that if you have the dash lights “locked” into the bright setting it disables the ambient lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Do you have the Dash Lights all the way up? Evidently someone else posted that if you have the dash lights “locked” into the bright setting it disables the ambient lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it both ways... no reaction

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Something ain't right then.
Mine work when I adjust them. One for instruments, and the other for ambient lighting.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at the front overhead console. See that little bitty light right in the middle. That's the only thing it controls. Us Big Horn/Lone Star guys don't get any ambient lighting. I'm in the same boat.

jmagsho

Reaction score
I can confirm the comment about the dash lights. My ambient light over the cupholders didn't work until I turned the dash/instrument lights down a bit.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Look at the front overhead console. See that little bitty light right in the middle. That's the only thing it controls. Us Big Horn/Lone Star guys don't get any ambient lighting. I'm in the same boat.
Oh, that's it? Silly.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
It faintly lights up the console... in a city at night, cant even notice it, with street lights and what not.

Deep in the country, cloudy sky, no moon? If you had tiny enough fingers you could make finger rabbits in the shadows.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know. Why would they do that?

Standardized assembly line production... and another way to separate the trim levels.
I'd check to see if you have the wiring running to all the ambient lighting locations... I think someone did this on their Rebel and simply installed the lights as the wiring was still there.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Standardized assembly line production... and another way to separate the trim levels.
I'd check to see if you have the wiring running to all the ambient lighting locations... I think someone did this on their Rebel and simply installed the lights as the wiring was still there.
@jamesfg is the one that was adding it to his Rebel and had a small write up on it if it is something you are interested in.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

my rebel has it

Users who are viewing this thread