5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber led fog lights

popstatwo

Reaction score
I am looking for amber led fog light bulbs that will match the amber reflector and other amber bulb in the headlight of a 21 bighorn non led. I have bought a few pair off of amazon where they stated that the bulbs were amber but ended up being yellow. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
I just ordered these today

Jack.

Reaction score
I just ordered these today
Those enclosed tow hook bezels on that 2500 in the video look so good, I wonder if there's any for the 1500. The SAE versions make me want to switch up my stock to the amber one but dont know if it'll look weird with the white headlights hmm. Did you end up ordering the white or amber light?

Last edited:

popstatwo

Reaction score

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
Those enclosed tow hook bezels on that 2500 in the video look so good, I wonder if there's any for the 1500. The SAE versions make me want to switch up my stock to the amber one but dont know if it'll look weird with the white headlights hmm. Did you end up ordering the white or amber light?
I ordered amber but went with the sports over sae. shipping has them arriving Friday so maybe this weekend ill get them installed

Jack.

Reaction score
I ordered amber but went with the sports over sae. shipping has them arriving Friday so maybe this weekend ill get them installed
I was thinking of the amber sport aswell but im afraid it may be too bright and ill get pull over ☠☠.

Can you send a pic of it being on at night in conjunction with your head lights on too?

I want to see how bright they are together once you pop em on.

fartsonunicorns

Reaction score
just ordered these as well. anyone know if theres a way to have the fog lights on at the same time as high beams?

I believe you can use AlphaOBD to disable the fog light dropout. You can also it to change the DRL to the parking (amber) lights.

2020 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
De-badged and chrome delete
Rockford Fosgate P600x4 pushing stock 6 speakers, P1000x1bd pushing two 10” subs

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
sorry for the delay everyone. just got the lights in the mail yesterday. there were shipping delays in my area due to the mass flooding from hurricane ida. lights went in today but my "assistant" was on call with the local ambulance corps so I didnt have the 3rd and 4th hands for documenting the install as originally planned. overall its pretty straight forward but having small hands would be a helpful trait to have. id suggest removing the small front wheel well liner thats directly in back of the bumper. makes everything much more accessible and wasnt mentioned in the instructions to do. the other tip I would make is having a 10mm ratcheting wrench for the 2 bolts on top of the factory light bracket. those were a real pain to get to and I had to use a regular wrench in very small turns so it took a while.

only have 1 pic as of now and im stuck working the night tour so depending if I get my break tonight ill try and get away from hq and snaps some nighttime pics. this one picture for now was taken at about 2PM on an overcast day in a lit garage for any clarification needs. the lights are much brighter in person than they appear in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_5560.jpeg
    IMG_5560.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 176

Jack.

Reaction score
sorry for the delay everyone. just got the lights in the mail yesterday. there were shipping delays in my area due to the mass flooding from hurricane ida. lights went in today but my "assistant" was on call with the local ambulance corps so I didnt have the 3rd and 4th hands for documenting the install as originally planned. overall its pretty straight forward but having small hands would be a helpful trait to have. id suggest removing the small front wheel well liner thats directly in back of the bumper. makes everything much more accessible and wasnt mentioned in the instructions to do. the other tip I would make is having a 10mm ratcheting wrench for the 2 bolts on top of the factory light bracket. those were a real pain to get to and I had to use a regular wrench in very small turns so it took a while.

only have 1 pic as of now and im stuck working the night tour so depending if I get my break tonight ill try and get away from hq and snaps some nighttime pics. this one picture for now was taken at about 2PM on an overcast day in a lit garage for any clarification needs. the lights are much brighter in person than they appear in the picture
That looks amazing, does the amber overwhelm the white low beam lights at night from the driver pov?

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
tonight will be the first night ill be able to get an idea. worked night tour the last 2 so I wasnt able to really mess around with the lights and get pictures. when it gets dark later I plan to to take pics along the road and in a dark lot to get maximum effect for everyone

R.Duff

Reaction score
Finally got my package from cjc offroad. 2 weeks later, kinda **** after paying for 1 day, also sent me the wrong lights - ordered the sports but they sent the sae's least got the sae's cheaper I guess.

The covers in the bumper are a pain in the ****, well the little studs, especially one closer to the frame.
Havent tried them in the dark really. Started to rain last night so made sure the one I did worked then finished it off just now.

The white/ colour striped wire is the positive on both sides of the factory harness. Whites positive on the bajas just a heads up if anyone else does it and doesn't have a meter.

20210929_194915.jpg hh 20210929_201542.jpg 20210930_104026.jpg 20210930_104031.jpg 20210930_104037.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread