5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber Grill Lights & Fuse Tap Wire Routing

Maritimer0021

Reaction score
Hey All -

Relatively new to the forum, but just took delivery of a 2022 1500 Ram Red edition (my 4th Ram truck to date). I’m pretty stoked about the truck, and have already added a tailgate light bar, additional reverse lighting, and now front amber lights - all using information I’ve sourced on this forum (thanks!). I’ve had the truck for 5 days and I keep finding cool mods on this site to spend more money and time on.

I’m stuck on the grill lights. Apologies if this information is clearly identified somewhere else, but I’ve looked. I’ve got the lights mounted, wired, and grounded, but stuck on the fuse tap.

1. What fuse to tap into to have these lights turn on/off with the parking lights. Some people say F60, F38, or the MCAS+ for the trailer lights. (Not sure how to fuse tap this?)

2. How to route the fuse tap wiring so I can still close the fuse box cover tightly and not damage the wire.

Any help you guys can provide would be sincerely appreciated. Pics are helpful too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night Rebel

Reaction score
It was recommended to use the fuel pump fuse. I don’t know the number. It only comes on with the truck on. I think it’s a micro fuse tap. I was able to close the case without any issues. Probably had it done for a year and a half.

Maritimer0021

Reaction score
It was recommended to use the fuel pump fuse. I don’t know the number. It only comes on with the truck on. I think it’s a micro fuse tap. I was able to close the case without any issues. Probably had it done for a year and a half.

Can you tell me from which direction you entered the fuse box? Maybe that’s the trick

Night Rebel

Reaction score
It doesnt smash the wire

Attachments

• 20220608_145215.jpg
    20220608_145215.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20220608_145354.jpg
    20220608_145354.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 166

Maritimer0021

Reaction score
[mention]Night Rebel [/mention] many thanks for the help and pics! Finished up the job this evening. I rerouted the wire slightly and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks again!

blckout

Reaction score
post some pics of your lights my man, thinking about doing this!

Users who are viewing this thread