5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon tow hooks

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Just remember OP.... some of the same folks saying stuff like this are the same folks running spacers for a lift/level, try to justify why exhaust deletes are terrible b.c they spent hundreds if not a thousand on a system just b.c it was a brand name when its just noise, and or spacers on their wheels for an offset. Tow hooks are fine. Exhaust is fine. Suspension or wheels to cheap out on is not. Folks here just have a stigma that if its not brand name everything or their way its wrong... then do the following i stated.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember OP.... some of the same folks saying stuff like this are the same folks running spacers for a lift/level, try to justify why exhaust deletes are terrible b.c they spent hundreds if not a thousand on a system just b.c it was a brand name when its just noise, and or spacers on their wheels for an offset. Tow hooks are fine. Exhaust is fine. Suspension or wheels to cheap out on is not. Folks here just have a stigma that if its not brand name everything or their way its wrong... then do the following i stated.
I mean, I like the sound of my Borla ATAK, and no muffler delete will have same sound. It's all subjective. Get whatever you think sounds good. I was happy paying more to get the sound I wanted. Personally, I'm not a fan of the straight pipe sound. Others think it's the best sound ever.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I mean, I like the sound of my Borla ATAK, and no muffler delete will have same sound. It's all subjective. Get whatever you think sounds good. I was happy paying more to get the sound I wanted. Personally, I'm not a fan of the straight pipe sound. Others think it's the best sound ever.
Yep i agree and that is perfectly fine. i respect that 100%, its the folks that swear they are better for whatever bs reason they give and claiming a delete is extremely terrible and try to justify their spending when it makes no difference but noise. thats who i mean (a full straight pipe is deleting the cats as well btw, that sounds terrible, muffler and or res is a delete and as far as id go, after cats are gone its too raspy.). its just sound and what you like as you said.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been rescued with these twice in the sand dunes, as i stated, and worked perfectly fine. Even looked under the truck at them and checked the torque spec on it both times after and it held up perfectly b.c i had the same doubt to be honest. But lets also be honest... how many folks truly use them? probably 50% IF THAT. They are for looks for the other half.
bravo brave soul.
i guess those offroad recovery gone wrong videos don't scare you.

they work fine until they don't. then when they don't, best case scenario is vehicular damage and worst case scenario is loss of body parts or life. then it's a pissing contest of whose liability it is.
i rather not have any chance of that happening than save a few hundred dollars.
Even the ones tested and used by professional rescuers and racers have their limitation of use and get replaced after a certain amount of usage.

again, for anyone else who want to use this for recovery and value their lives, don't cheap out on things that can decide whether you come home in one piece or in pieces.
and for anyone else who just want the look... this is totally fine.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
bravo brave soul.
i guess those offroad recovery gone wrong videos don't scare you.

they work fine until they don't. then when they don't, best case scenario is vehicular damage and worst case scenario is loss of body parts or life. then it's a pissing contest of whose liability it is.
i rather not have any chance of that happening than save a few hundred dollars.
Even the ones tested and used by professional rescuers and racers have their limitation of use and get replaced after a certain amount of usage.

again, for anyone else who want to use this for recovery and value their lives, don't cheap out on things that can decide whether you come home in one piece or in pieces.
and for anyone else who just want the look... this is totally fine.
He thinks getting pulled out of a sand box is being rescued, 🤣
But we're idiots!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep i agree and that is perfectly fine. i respect that 100%, its the folks that swear they are better for whatever bs reason they give and claiming a delete is extremely terrible and try to justify their spending when it makes no difference but noise. thats who i mean (a full straight pipe is deleting the cats as well btw, that sounds terrible, muffler and or res is a delete and as far as id go, after cats are gone its too raspy.). its just sound and what you like as you said.
Don't forget the really cool sticker that comes with it! 🤪 20240406_090435.jpg

JRD

Reaction score
If you want a really good sound, get a local crackhead to cut out your cat. They did that to one of my work vans and we started it and it sounded like a monster truck. We couldn’t bring it to the job site it had to sit in the lot until we could get it fixed because it was so obnoxious.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I saw this pic I thought about how wet the inside of my truck would be. Should out to RAM for that custom window frame with the cracks in it for the auto car wash feature.
Whoa! Don't jinx me. That's all outside...
So far. 🤔

JRD

Reaction score
Whoa! Don't jinx me. That's all outside...
So far. 🤔
lol mine is supposed to get fixed thursday, hopefully they fixed the issue for the 23's. crazy it took that long

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol mine is supposed to get fixed thursday, hopefully they fixed the issue for the 23's. crazy it took that long
Yours has an exterior frame around it doesn't it?
If you notice in the pic the '23 is "frameless" so maybe that's the fix.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I got my tow hooks from China, same place Ram gets theres, lol. People get hung up on OEM too much. how are those OEM sliding windows working out? When it comes to recovery I'll never tell I'm not running synthetic winch rope, folks will look at me like I've lost my mind.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I got my tow hooks from China, same place Ram gets theres, lol. People get hung up on OEM too much. how are those OEM sliding windows working out? When it comes to recovery I'll never tell I'm not running synthetic winch rope, folks will look at me like I've lost my mind.
LOUDER for the idiots in thread sir! 😂🤡🎯

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
He thinks getting pulled out of a sand box is being rescued, 🤣
But we're idiots!
🤡, i actually use offroad my truck. Should look up Glamis sand dunes in Comiefornia, tow hooks are a necessity if you go out in the dunes, and not the washes/camp where its packed.

Last edited:

JRD

Reaction score
🤡, i actually use offroad my truck. Should look up Glamis sand dunes in Comiefornia, tow hooks are a necessity if you go out in the dunes, and not the washes/camp where its packed.
Pics or it didn’t happen

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pics or it didn’t happen
some people just don't believe in spending money for certified and proven products. nothing we can do about that other than to pray for him.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
unless you can show that it's made from the same factory and up to Ram's standard, the "same place Ram gets theres (theirs)" claim is invalid.
Rams can be made there, but it is also made up to standard due to liability. It'd be hard to convince anyone that Ram would willingly use a part that's cheaply made (and then sell it for 3x over) knowing they can be sued and get in deep trouble when someone suffers from serious injury or even death while using said part as intended. Other parts that are not life-or-death, sure, but parts that can cause serious injury... show me supporting documentations.

Jedi9

Reaction score
What is Ram's standard? rated 5500 lbs, same as Amazon. Be careful with your 12,000 lb winch lol. A tow hook is not the end all place for full recovery with a mired truck. It helps but isn't the same as a d ring shackle attachment point.. You don't use tow hooks for "life or death" situations, period. Your rear hitch would serve you better as it has a higher rating.

Users who are viewing this thread