5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon tow hooks

Jedi9

Reaction score
Yup, built in US doesn't mean chinese castings or steel weren't used. Hopefully everyone knows those wheels on your truck were made in the same country as your phone.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Yup, built in US doesn't mean chinese castings or steel weren't used. Hopefully everyone knows those wheels on your truck were made in the same country as your phone.
Yeah but no one wants to hear that here. 🙃

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It comes down to the specs at which things are made. Chinese knockoffs usually have lower standards/specs. It's your life and your money.

Jedi9

Reaction score
There is a lot of trash coming from China without doubt. And a lot of US companies use plants in China for product for a couple reasons. The cost of doing business in US has gone up tremendously and a lot of folks are not interested in working anymore. Those products do have specs, and the plants and parts are inspected to insure they stay within spec. But I see a couple of different black markets, One is the knockoffs, I would agree lower specs/standards because the company they stole the technology from doesn't inspect the product or the factories and the ones making them probably don't care. But what I do see a lot of are the same factories that produce the OEM have parts going out the back door with the same spec, material and can be sold for a much lower cost, that's a lot of profit margin for these Chinese companies. I started to list examples but afraid I would be opening a can of worms.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a lot of trash coming from China without doubt. And a lot of US companies use plants in China for product for a couple reasons. The cost of doing business in US has gone up tremendously and a lot of folks are not interested in working anymore. Those products do have specs, and the plants and parts are inspected to insure they stay within spec. But I see a couple of different black markets, One is the knockoffs, I would agree lower specs/standards because the company they stole the technology from doesn't inspect the product or the factories and the ones making them probably don't care. But what I do see a lot of are the same factories that produce the OEM have parts going out the back door with the same spec, material and can be sold for a much lower cost, that's a lot of profit margin for these Chinese companies. I started to list examples but afraid I would be opening a can of worms.
Agreed, but certain things are not worth them "possibly" being the same as OEM spec. Pick and choose is all I can say.

Users who are viewing this thread