5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Music and CarPlay sound flat

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect 4 - 12" screen (2020 Ram Rebel)
Phone is a iPhone 14 Pro Max

Today I started my truck and went to play Amazon Music through Carplay. The music sounded flat. No bass or mids, sounded like my phone was on a call. When I tried other apps, they sounded perfectly normal. When I switch to Bluetooth the sound returns to normal for all apps (including Amazon Music) so its only when I am playing Amazon Music through wired CarPlay that I have these issues. My wife's phone works fine through wired carplay but mine does not. Switching from bluetooth back to wired carplay the sound goes back to the flat (no bass, no mid) issue.

I tried all of the below with no success.
  • Reset phone
  • re-downloading app
  • disabling microphone access for app
  • different cords
  • unplugging battery on truck and resetting bcm
  • contacting amazon music...wasted 2 hours chatting with them...
This happened a few weeks ago to me and it was a simple solution where I changed a setting but I don't remember what I did.

Has anyone had this issue and if so figured out a solution? Seems its a pretty common Amazon Music/Carplay issue.

Thanks!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: when I log out of my account and log into my wife’s account everything works fine….

So weird..

Users who are viewing this thread