5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Gift Card For Test Drive (Scam or ????)

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Test drove the Limited I bought. Brought in a coupon that was an annoying pop up on dealer website saying you get a $50.00 AMZN gift card for taking a test drive. Sales guy said coupon was applied and a card code would be emailed. Well almost a month later, no gift card. Has anyone else taken advantage of the promo? did you ever get the card? Not a big deal $ wise but its the principle.

Last edited:

Scjon03

Reaction score
I did. But you get an email with a $50 code. I believe it was instantly emailed to me. I watched the sales person do it. Make sure you check your junk email or unwanted email. I test drove one and actually bought the truck. So definitely qualified.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did. But you get an email with a $50 code. I believe it was instantly emailed to me. I watched the sales person do it. Make sure you check your junk email or unwanted email. I test drove one and actually bought the truck. So definitely qualified.
Hmm, my sales guy said a manager had to enter it..... maybe dealer had a policy to ignore it especially if they're on the hook for it. I'll check spam folder. Thanks!

Last edited:
U

User_3336

If you filled out the claim form and gave it to "someone" at the dealership, and you've never received the email, then either (1) no one at the dealership knew how to do the redemption, or (2) they just simply didn't redeem it.
Possible it did get sent to your SPAM filter as well.

The main thing is persistence in making it gets to the RIGHT person that goes onto the site and redeems it. "Management" at my dealership didn't know how. A "marketing" rep knew how, and did it with me standing there.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got hold of salesman today, sent him coupon code and miraculously 30 min. later the gift code arrived.....Shocker!

Adrianp89

Reaction score
When me and my wife get bored on the weekend we will dealer hop and stack up Amazon gift cards. It is 100% legit.

U

User_3336

It is legit, but those submissions are tracked, you might get away with two submissions, and you have to provide your personal information to submit a claim as well, so your plan of 'dealer hopping' to "stack up on gift cards" might quickly blow up in your face! FYI. I seriously can't believe you'd brag about it. Always a couple of people that will, in the end, spoil it for all others with abuse.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limit one coupon redemption per household per 6 months. Coupon can only be redeemed at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT dealership location reflecting the website where the offer was presented online. It may be redeemed only once. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited or otherwise restricted. Improper use including any organized redemption campaign by any individual or group constitutes fraud. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. No refunds for any unused or partially used coupons. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT employees and people covered under an employee purchase plan and their family members are not eligible. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT its affiliated companies are not liable for any loss, damage, or delay to any person or property in connection with the use of this coupon. By signing up for this Promotion you agree to receive communications related to this Promotion. Dealer reserves the final decision to redeem or refuse any reward card certificate or coupon. Must be 18 or older and present a valid U.S. Driver’s License to qualify. Shipping to U.S. addresses only. Valid email address must be provided to qualify for offer.

Restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal

Use your card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted around the world. Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This Promocode is non-refundable. The full terms and conditions are available on the Promocode claim site. Click on “Product Terms” prior to selecting a Virtual Visa Card or a Physical Visa Card.

When me and my wife get bored on the weekend we will dealer hop and stack up Amazon gift cards. It is 100% legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrianp89

Reaction score
It is legit, but those submissions are tracked, you might get away with two submissions, and you have to provide your personal information to submit a claim as well, so your plan of 'dealer hopping' to "stack up on gift cards" might quickly blow up in your face! FYI. I seriously can't believe you'd brag about it. Always a couple of people that will, in the end, spoil it for all others with abuse.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limit one coupon redemption per household per 6 months. Coupon can only be redeemed at the Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT dealership location reflecting the website where the offer was presented online. It may be redeemed only once. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited or otherwise restricted. Improper use including any organized redemption campaign by any individual or group constitutes fraud. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. No refunds for any unused or partially used coupons. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT employees and people covered under an employee purchase plan and their family members are not eligible. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT its affiliated companies are not liable for any loss, damage, or delay to any person or property in connection with the use of this coupon. By signing up for this Promotion you agree to receive communications related to this Promotion. Dealer reserves the final decision to redeem or refuse any reward card certificate or coupon. Must be 18 or older and present a valid U.S. Driver’s License to qualify. Shipping to U.S. addresses only. Valid email address must be provided to qualify for offer.

Restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal

Use your card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted around the world. Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This Promocode is non-refundable. The full terms and conditions are available on the Promocode claim site. Click on “Product Terms” prior to selecting a Virtual Visa Card or a Physical Visa Card.

Cool thing is, FCA isn't the only dealer around. Been doing it for a few years and I do not feel we abuse the system at all. All other dealers do this, and it's not like I do it every weekend, its a few times a year tops. Enough for us to always have a good idea of whats on the market, in fact some people have bought cars from dealers because of recommendation for the test drive. The people that ruin it are the ones that sign up and use 50 different emails.

U

User_3336

I guess you could do that to make a living if you so chose....

I've been a participant in the program for a Nissan and a RAM. It went thru the same program coordinator. Both times I had to show my drivers license to prove identity, so your name, address, etc being entered multiple times into the database would eventually create a red flag.

Such a waste of a dealers time and an abuse of the system "just doing it on the weekend to rake up some Amazon cards".

Just my thoughts. Make it your life if you want.

Cool thing is, FCA isn't the only dealer around. Been doing it for a few years and I do not feel we abuse the system at all. All other dealers do this, and it's not like I do it every weekend, its a few times a year tops. Enough for us to always have a good idea of whats on the market, in fact some people have bought cars from dealers because of recommendation for the test drive. The people that ruin it are the ones that sign up and use 50 different emails.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Dude, we literally do it because we like cars and it’s a quick buck. Trust me, If I needed an extra $300 in amazon gift cards that bad, I wouldn’t be driving a 63k truck.

U

User_3336

So, if you just bought a $63,000 truck, then why are you out "test driving" others, if it wasn't for any other reason than to "pick up a free amazon gift card"? I bet dealers hate you.

Dude, we literally do it because we like cars and it’s a quick buck. Trust me, If I needed an extra $300 in amazon gift cards that bad, I wouldn’t be driving a 63k truck.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
So, if you just bought a $63,000 truck, then why are you out "test driving" others, if it wasn't for any other reason than to "pick up a free amazon gift card"? I bet dealers hate you.

Because we like cars and are interested in the latest and greatest? I went to dealerships window shopping when I was 16 because of my interest and love for cars. We didn't get any gift cards then. Funny part is dealers don't even care. They will sign the form without a test drive, it's not coming out of their pocket. A positive experience plants a seed that grows exponentially. Example conversations I'll have with a friend or family member. "Hey how are things going" "Oh my car is crapping out, looking at getting something new" "We test drove a new XXX yesterday, you would be surprised how nice they have gotten these days... they have this pretty sweet feature that XXX".... Boom dealer may have just gotten a second customer to come that may of otherwise never even thought of them. I talk about cars all the time whether it be with family, friends, a stranger at the bar, or some random person anywhere. A good dealer experience turns into a human marketing machine. Try thinking outside the box a little. These deals aren't meant to get you in the door to buy a car that day.

U

User_3336

Point made. I'll let ya off the hook! :)

Because we like cars and are interested in the latest and greatest? I went to dealerships window shopping when I was 16 because of my interest and love for cars. We didn't get any gift cards then. Funny part is dealers don't even care. They will sign the form without a test drive, it's not coming out of their pocket. A positive experience plants a seed that grows exponentially. Example conversations I'll have with a friend or family member. "Hey how are things going" "Oh my car is crapping out, looking at getting something new" "We test drove a new XXX yesterday, you would be surprised how nice they have gotten these days... they have this pretty sweet feature that XXX".... Boom dealer may have just gotten a second customer to come that may of otherwise never even thought of them. I talk about cars all the time whether it be with family, friends, a stranger at the bar, or some random person anywhere. A good dealer experience turns into a human marketing machine. Try thinking outside the box a little. These deals aren't meant to get you in the door to buy a car that day.

Users who are viewing this thread