5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I over paying?

AngryBish

Reaction score
Am I over paying? Some people say no, some say yes. I know it’s so situational based on time of purchase, location, etc. But what’s your opinion?

MSRP: 57215
Dealer: 42300 before taxes

Truck is brand new. all pricing is Canadian dollars.

Build sheet and pic of truck. Some people have been saying it’s over priced for a 2019. I figured it was a good deal, hard to find a crew cab 6’4” bed with 3.92 and locking diff.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gee..I got a 2019 Limited slightly used for $44k. Seems to me you should get into a higher level for that money.

myles

Reaction score
Am I over paying? Some people say no, some say yes. I know it’s so situational based on time of purchase, location, etc. But what’s your opinion?

MSRP: 57215
Dealer: 42300 before taxes

Truck is brand new. all pricing is Canadian dollars.

Build sheet and pic of truck. Some people have been saying it’s over priced for a 2019. I figured it was a good deal, hard to find a crew cab 6’4” bed with 3.92 and locking diff.
Seems a bit expensive considering it’s a 4th gen. But I have no clue how much more trucks generally cost in Canada.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wondering why it's says 50 state emissions on it when its a Canadian vehicle, normally it would give the province where it is being purchased.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's about $30,000 US for basically a RAM Classic ST. That is probably about where the deals on this truck in the US would be. Its over %25 off MSRP. I think you would get more for your money if you spent a little more for a 5th gen in maybe a higher trim. But I suppose it really depends upon your needs, desire, and budget. Good luck with your shopping....if you can get over 20% off MSRP; then I think that you are doing pretty well on price.

kilcher

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have a slightly used 5th gen than a new 4th gen for the same price. Not sure if that's something you'd consider. I got a 2019 with 11,000 miles (crew cab, 4x4, 5.7L, level 2), stickered for $48,125 (US) new and I got it for $32,800 - which is about 33% off.

AngryBish

Reaction score
It doesn’t seem like a bad price but where did you see locking diff ?
Sorry I use anti spin and locking interchangeable. But I should more specific with the E-locker option.

for anybody interested I killed the deal on this truck. I’m going to wait a bit and see what comes up for incentives. What’s every bodies opinion? Have to remember I’m in Ontario Canada.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Visit a 4th gen forum to see what others are paying. Glad to see you've decided to look at something else!

Users who are viewing this thread