5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i missing something with the radio!?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
1000007625.jpg
Got in the truck this morning for a range day,
Music sounded weird. So went to audio settings and nothing changed, so started messing with the balance and fade. Just for reference I'm the only one in the truck. If I move the sound symbol to back driver side like shown in photo, I can hear music just fine. Back passenger side I BARLEY hear it, very faint. If I move it front passenger seat it comes out the middle speaker on dash, nothing out of the tweeter to the right like supposed to just like back passenger its very faint. If I put on front driver seat comes out of the tweeter just fine. Even if I put it in the middle it seems on the driver side of the truck is really playing, not much out the passenger side. Am I missing something here?

Jake1050

Reaction score
Try opening all the doors and putting it in the middle then walking around and putting your head in front of each speaker one at a time. This will allow you to hear each speaker head on. Make sure your phone is not connected. Other than that I don't know.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also check if your Surround sound in enabled. In my truck with surround sound enabled, most highs come out of the center dash and I experience what you’re referencing.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Try opening all the doors and putting it in the middle then walking around and putting your head in front of each speaker one at a time. This will allow you to hear each speaker head on. Make sure your phone is not connected. Other than that I don't know.

Also check if your Surround sound in enabled. In my truck with surround sound enabled, most highs come out of the center dash and I experience what you’re referencing.
Thank yall for the help. I will try this next time i turn on my truck. Apologies for the late reply, had a bunch of projects around the house when i got home i didnt get on after posting.

Just werid b.c im the only one who drives and nothing was touched. What really bugged me that i didnt put in the post is... when i turned on my truck at 6am to go shooting, all the way to the range it was fine (atleast i thought it was unless i was half asleep), even stopped for gas and when i turned it on again it still sounded fine. Then after when i jumped in the truck after shooting, i drove probably a couple hundred yards and then pulled over and tried to figure out whats going on b.c i noticed it fairly quickly, and i was using my phone (andriodauto) both ways driving. Again nothing different or crazy happened just randomly stopped. But im gona give it a shot next time i turn on my truck whenever that is, and do what yall suggested with no phone connected as well. Will keep you posted.

PetePA

Reaction score
Thank yall for the help. I will try this next time i turn on my truck. Apologies for the late reply, had a bunch of projects around the house when i got home i didnt get on after posting.

Just werid b.c im the only one who drives and nothing was touched. What really bugged me that i didnt put in the post is... when i turned on my truck at 6am to go shooting, all the way to the range it was fine (atleast i thought it was unless i was half asleep), even stopped for gas and when i turned it on again it still sounded fine. Then after when i jumped in the truck after shooting, i drove probably a couple hundred yards and then pulled over and tried to figure out whats going on b.c i noticed it fairly quickly, and i was using my phone (andriodauto) both ways driving. Again nothing different or crazy happened just randomly stopped. But im gona give it a shot next time i turn on my truck whenever that is, and do what yall suggested with no phone connected as well. Will keep you posted.
Do you shoot right handed? Did you forget to put your hearing protection on? 😂😂😂

Serious note, it could be a loose wire. I had that happen to me on a Nissan years ago.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Do you shoot right handed? Did you forget to put your hearing protection on? 😂😂😂

Serious note, it could be a loose wire. I had that happen to me on a Nissan years ago.
Could be. Im just not willing to mess with it or take anything apart since its less than a year old still. So the dealer can deal with it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be. Im just not willing to mess with it or take anything apart since its less than a year old still. So the dealer can deal with it.
DId you happen to get an OTA? I know those have caused mine to do weird things in the first 24hrs post-update.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
DId you happen to get an OTA? I know those have caused mine to do weird things in the first 24hrs post-update.
Any way i can check this? Unless it some how happened while i was shooting for the hour and a half while the truck was off, i personally dont know if it did or not no.

Users who are viewing this thread