5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I Crazy?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to ask for the bed liner or hitch.

I'm glad they don't "build stuff like they used to". Everything evolves technologically, safety wise, etc. I'd take a brand new vehicle over one made in 2010 any day.

Also, not to be nitpicky, but your signature shows you have a "CumminGs". It's Cummins, no "G". :)

oops, dint know that, can't even say it was a typo...lol

i also would rather a state of the art vehicle over a 2nd gen ram, amonst other things, (purposely left g out of that word to make up for the extra one in Cummins...-will fix signature later : )

Was just making the point that with a 2019 manufacturing process of ALL things, everything is designed to be manufactured quicker, lighter, & more power efficient, but what you gain in, "newer technology you often trade off with, "build quality & more durable parts"...

schwegel89

Reaction score
So I pick up the truck today. It had the tiniest little dent left but I accepted it. That’s until I got home and realized they drilled two huge holes in my bed, left the shavings in the bed which rusted, didn’t paint the inside of the holes they drilled, and just plugged those holes up. I’m taking it back today. That is totally unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schwegel89

Reaction score
a9e930e76a24e28390fb991a9f939093.jpg
df45be8abec49ef17d2111110fca08e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Also not a big deal if you get a spray in bed liner. But, that was pretty sloppy.

schwegel89

Reaction score
Also not a big deal if you get a spray in bed liner. But, that was pretty sloppy.

It’s just the fact that they didn’t even fix the dent you can still see it and now I have two holes in my bed of a brand new truck. It’s just unacceptable.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

Viper67

Reaction score
The holes I would care about. A dent, not so much. But I’d ask them o fix it when they fixed the holes. Which for me I’d want a new bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schwegel89

Reaction score
The holes I would care about. A dent, not so much. But I’d ask them o fix it when they fixed the holes. Which for me I’d want a new bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I was willing to accept it with the dent. But the holes was just unacceptable. I would say I want a new bed but I’m just so fed up, that’s just something else I have to worry about them messing up. So I’m going in Monday and asking for a new truck or I’m leaving mine there and walking away. If they don’t accept that I’ll have to get a lawyer involved.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

schwegel89

Reaction score
Wish me luck! Today I’m going to receive a call from the manager and hopefully we can come to a solution. I’m only going to accept a new truck or I will be returning it.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

schwegel89

Reaction score
It saddens me to read about your experience...

Good luck!!

Thank you. Yeah it stinks, because I love the truck and I just hope I can get a new one and not have to return mine. If that Hass to happen then I will go to another dealership and get the same truck because the ram is amazing.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thank you. Yeah it stinks, because I love the truck and I just hope I can get a new one and not have to return mine. If that Hass to happen then I will go to another dealership and get the same truck because the ram is amazing.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn
So sorry to hear about this. Pls let us know how it went.

Cheers,

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
When I took delivery they had run my Ram through one of their terribly abrasive and uncleaned car washes and my black truck was a mess of micro scratches and swirls. I told them it needed to be fixed so they did a minor paint correction AND went a step further and had it Ceramic Pro coated. In my opinion it isn't what the problem is (if not too severe) it's how efficiently it is addressed. My dealer went above and beyond so while there was the inconvenience factor, I am confident with their ability to make things right.

schwegel89

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this. Pls let us know how it went.

Cheers,

Will do. Just waiting for the dealership to call. Last night I couldn’t sleep so at 1am I wrote a letter of what transpired throughout this whole debacle. It ended up being 3 pages long lol.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

schwegel89

Reaction score
When I took delivery they had run my Ram through one of their terribly abrasive and uncleaned car washes and my black truck was a mess of micro scratches and swirls. I told them it needed to be fixed so they did a minor paint correction AND went a step further and had it Ceramic Pro coated. In my opinion it isn't what the problem is (if not too severe) it's how efficiently it is addressed. My dealer went above and beyond so while there was the inconvenience factor, I am confident with their ability to make things right.

I do hope they address the problem as did your dealer. Even if they offer me a new bed I won’t accept it since that’s just something else that can go wrong(install, etc). I’m at the point where it’s just a new truck or nothing because of the way they have handled the situation from the beginning, making me feel bad about the inconvenience to me. I feel like they’re trying to take advantage of me. But all will be forgiven if a new truck is presented. If they don’t have one on the lot I am willing to wait until they get one. I’ll go so far as to accept a different color as long as it’s the same truck.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Great to hear. If you haven't done so, pls rate your dealer on this thread so that others in your area are aware.

Thanks,

schwegel89

Reaction score
Great to hear. If you haven't done so, pls rate your dealer on this thread so that others in your area are aware.

Thanks,

I’m currently waiting to rate them as to see what they do to rectify the situation. As for the dent work, that was abysmal. But we will see how the dealership/management handles it today before I give a rating. But thank you for the link and I will be sure to use it.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

sgk

Reaction score
What was the verdict today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online