5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I crazy? Is my bed loose?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking in my rear view mirror and notice movement. I thought maybe my mirror was rattling a bit over some of our New England bumpy roads and no, the cab nor mirror Is moving, I can see the rear panel of the cab and it's still but the pick up bed is moving. Sort of a let right shake over big bumps. I got out. pushed and pulled on all sides of the bed..no discernible movement. I can't stop seeing it now it's not a unibody car, I get that. Cab + Bed are mounted separately to the frame but there's too much free play. Should I film it and report back or is this normal enough?

The only time I was able to slightly recreate it is dirt bike in the bed, strapped down and if I move the dirt bike connects dto the straps, I can move the bed separate from the cab but it seems like no more than just basic frame flex and there's no creaking/popping or other sounds indicating there's something loose.

Where are the contact points from bed to frame under neath so I can check those? Truck has 2500 miles on it so maybe just ask a dealer to check?

Question: if you're driving on rough roads, look in your left view mirror, do you see the bed moving a lot relative to the mirror / cab?

leedial

Reaction score
I noticed this on my 2021 Ram Rebel after I attached a bed rack. I don't think attaching the bed rack caused the bed to move at all though. I think the bed rack is more prominent in my rear view mirror and exaggerates the perceived motion, so I noticed it more. I just ignored it assuming it was normal. I'm interested to hear from others as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Totally normal. You should have seen frame flex back before the frames were boxed in. There's a famous Ford commercial if I can find it

Users who are viewing this thread