5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AM/FM Radio Antenna

Barney556180

Reaction score
I’m sure this’ll be an “aha” answer.
Where is the radio antenna on the Laramie 8.4?

I don’t see an imbedded antenna. My 2017 Sport had a traditional whip antenna.

Just curious...

Rick J

Reaction score
Found this on the WWW:

All navigation, Wi-Fi, radio and SiriusXM tasks are handled by a new shark fin antenna – making the new 2019 Ram 1500 the first full-size truck without a mast antenna.

Barney556180

Reaction score
Found this on the WWW:

All navigation, Wi-Fi, radio and SiriusXM tasks are handled by a new shark fin antenna – making the new 2019 Ram 1500 the first full-size truck without a mast antenna.

Aha!

Snakes709

Reaction score
Haha, didnt even realize my truck didnt have the whip antenna. Well ****, i use to use that as a guide in low clearence parkaids. If the antenna didnt hit the ceiling or beams, i was good to go lol

sessman

Reaction score
Is the shark fin antenna supposed to be color matched? I drove my truck home from the dealership yesterday and just realized it's flat black and I have the metallic granite exterior paint.

Thank you for the help!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe all the antennas are the same color. Also I was super glad to see they did away with the wire mast, because I go through a lot of windshields and the glass guys always scratch up the mast.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found this on the WWW:

I don't believe this is true. My fathers old 2007 Chevy had a shark fin and no stick antenna. I think the am fm antenna was in the windshield...

BLS65

Reaction score
I don't believe this is true. My fathers old 2007 Chevy had a shark fin and no stick antenna. I think the am fm antenna was in the windshield...
It's true, the shark fin is an all in one antenna. Much has changed in the way of electronics from 2007 to 2019.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the shark fin antenna supposed to be color matched? I drove my truck home from the dealership yesterday and just realized it's flat black and I have the metallic granite exterior paint.

Thank you for the help!
Many have reported that theirs is flat black (i.e. unpainted plastic). Mine is the same.

Jmcknight

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 2500 has the basic radio and I've always had SiriusXM, since the first lifetime memberships were sold through XM Radio many years ago. I purchased a SiriusXM onyX plus radio to add to my truck and I was wondering if there was a way for me to connect it to the sharkfin antenna, rather than having to add the one it came with to my roof?

STR

Reaction score

Thank you for the help!
Yes, if you own a black truck :p They’re all matte black plastic...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Shark fin.
Satin black.
Good reception on my truck.
First domestic pickup truck without whip antenna.

Users who are viewing this thread