5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always-on upper glove box light?

Handmeawrench

Reaction score
Hi there,

My wife noticed on a road trip over Christmas that the light in the upper glove box is always on. Doesn’t matter if the lid is open, etc. it’s always on.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie.

Is this a common issue? I drive often enough to not worry about battery drain, but that light needs to turn off at some point.

Tips and advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe 19 Laramie 1500 had ambient lighting. Are you sure that's not what she's seeing?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI - formerly discussed, from internet search, not sure what is contained in the articles. Best wishes.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi there,

My wife noticed on a road trip over Christmas that the light in the upper glove box is always on. Doesn’t matter if the lid is open, etc. it’s always on.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie.

Is this a common issue? I drive often enough to not worry about battery drain, but that light needs to turn off at some point.

Tips and advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had this issue on my 2019. The door wasn’t closing properly/ completely. It was staying open about an 1/8th inch, just enough so the light sensor thought it was still open. Dealer adjusted the door, problem solved.

dome420

Reaction score
Pop open the right side of the dash. There’s a pressure switch that lets the light know that the door on the glow box is closed. Sometimes they pop off

themust

Reaction score
In case it hasn’t been mentioned, that light is also controlled by the dial on left under steering wheel. Scroll that and that light should get brighter or dimmer along with the other ambient lighting points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online