5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on accessory outlet

atxmike

Reaction score
Has anyone added an always on usb or accessory outlet? There are times I have wanted to charge a phone without the truck being on and this 2019 turns off all charging ports when the truck is off.
I know you can put in acc or ignition mode, but I want one like the older cars had that was hot all the time. If anyone has added one on a 5th gen, please share . Thanks

chipuha

Reaction score
I think the one on top of the dash is always on. I had my dash cam plugged into it for a while and it recorded while the truck was off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bass3859

Reaction score
Has anyone added an always on usb or accessory outlet? There are times I have wanted to charge a phone without the truck being on and this 2019 turns off all charging ports when the truck is off.
I know you can put in acc or ignition mode, but I want one like the older cars had that was hot all the time. If anyone has added one on a 5th gen, please share . Thanks
If you are talking about the 12V power outlet on top of the dash in the center, look at this thread - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ignition-switched-usb-ports.23688/page-2#post-332237

I believe the fuse is #54. This fuse has 2 positions. If your power outlet goes off when the truck is off, I believe, based on the 2nd post on the 2nd page of the thread, which includes a picture of the fuse box, your fuse is located in the right position. If you want the power outlet to be hot all the time, pull that fuse and move it to the left position. Basically, if the power outlet is on only when your ignition is in ACC or On, you need to move the fuse to the other position and it will be hot all the time.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a fuse in your panel under the steering wheel that can be switched into the other position to make the plug above the radio always live.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
The auxiliary 12 Volt (13 Amp) power outlet can provide power for in-cab accessories designed for use with the standard “cigar lighter” plug. The 12 Volt power outlets and 5 Volt (2.5 Amp) USB Port (Charge Only) have a cap attached to the outlet indicating “12V DC,” together with either a key symbol, battery symbol, or USB symbol. A key symbol indicates that the key must be in the ON/RUN or ACC positions for the outlet to provide power. The battery symbol indicates that the outlet is connected to the battery, and can provide power at all times

Hyfire

Reaction score
Two USB ports can be set to constant hot through the UConnect settings. This was the first setting I changed.
One on dash, one inside the console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/