5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aluminum wheels

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hand washed the truck yesterday and noticed cleaning the aluminum wheels was difficult with just water and car wash shampoo. The aluminum wheels don’t seem to be coated and I’m just wondering what you guys are using for a safe, nice clean of these uncoated aluminum wheels.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 573C7A7B-33A9-4042-BEEC-4946A42CCF64.jpeg
    573C7A7B-33A9-4042-BEEC-4946A42CCF64.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 38

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i really like Duragloss All Wheel Cleaner (AWC) #821. i use wheel woolies to agitate and clean the dirt and brake dust.
there may be other opinions that arise, but this combination works very well when cleaning my rims.

the three piece wheel woolies set i have:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/wheel-...ODw7t3h2x620ln_zmJEF9EkXnDYPL0EIaAmT-EALw_wcB

Thanks, Goatman. Might give the Duragloss a try. Does it work well on these aluminum wheels? I’m coming from a 2015 Mustang GT with powder coated wheels which clean up pretty well with just soap and water.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, Goatman. Might give the Duragloss a try. Does it work well on these aluminum wheels? I’m coming from a 2015 Mustang GT with powder coated wheels which clean up pretty well with just soap and water.

over the years i probably have invested half as much i've paid for my truck in trying cleaning products. i am very pleased with the duragloss wheel cleaner. period. the smaller wheel woolie will help get into the small spaces on your rims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online