5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aluminum Intake tube

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
It is but supposedly the factory intake has a silencer in it so a person should be able to hear a bit more turbo noise with it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No inherent value? They claim 10-15% more flow and increased ability to hear the turbo, which is exactly what the $400 CAIs will be claiming when they arrive later this year. To me this intake tube is the best value.

Having said that, I ordered one a few weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. The guy advertising them on the forum told me Friday that the main shop owner has had to wear multiple hats lately and doesn't have time to ship items. Sounds to me like they either need to hire more people or stop advertising products on the internet. If mine doesn't ship this week I'm canceling the order.

rorischak

Reaction score
While I don't disagree that you will hear the turbo more and for those who want to hear that sound but I find it very hard to believe that some guy performed all of the calculations to figure out that it provides 15% more airflow than the plastic version. Let me be clear if he did great BUT I highly doubt because those are very tricky as well as what assumptions are being used in terms of assuming vehicle speed is 50mph?
Remember, you can sell anything online and very few people will ever call someone out on their claims.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
No inherent value? They claim 10-15% more flow and increased ability to hear the turbo, which is exactly what the $400 CAIs will be claiming when they arrive later this year. To me this intake tube is the best value.

Having said that, I ordered one a few weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. The guy advertising them on the forum told me Friday that the main shop owner has had to wear multiple hats lately and doesn't have time to ship items. Sounds to me like they either need to hire more people or stop advertising products on the internet. If mine doesn't ship this week I'm canceling the order.
Have you received a shipping confirmation yet?
I just received mine a few moments ago and I ordered it several days ago.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want turbo noises you need an open filter. You will hear it some with this but with the filter closed off it’s still going to muffle the sound.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
If you want turbo noises you need an open filter. You will hear it some with this but with the filter closed off it’s still going to muffle the sound.
Thats what I'm trying to locate atm, but looking for something that filters better than a k&n, anybody have any idea who makes a dry filter that will increase airflow?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It takes 30 seconds to remove the factory intake snorkel that goes from the airbox to the grille. Then the factory airbox is just as open as any CAI will be.

I personally would never run a 100% open air filter because that's just asking for a hydrolocked engine if you hit standing water during a storm.

jlortega

Reaction score
Have you tried to contact them?
Of course I have. First, they said would be shipped out soon after I ordered it, then it was COVID-19 shutdown, after that they couldn't find all of my orders as I also ordered a catch can, they wanted to charge me again so I had to go and look up receipts and related emails. The latest from them is that it'll ship this week, who knows how true that is. What's frustrating is that they do not have any communication from their end, it's always me reaching out to them. I had no idea they had shut down due to COVID until I emailed them. This was after I had received other items from vendors in Canada, so I wanted to see what was going on with this order.

I get it that their busy and stuff happens, but you should not let your customer keep guessing where their stuff is and not keep track of what's been ordered. Communication is key to keeping people happy and it doesn't take a lot of work from their end to make sure we're all in the loop.

Jose

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course I have. First, they said would be shipped out soon after I ordered it, then it was COVID-19 shutdown, after that they couldn't find all of my orders as I also ordered a catch can, they wanted to charge me again so I had to go and look up receipts and related emails. The latest from them is that it'll ship this week, who knows how true that is. What's frustrating is that they do not have any communication from their end, it's always me reaching out to them. I had no idea they had shut down due to COVID until I emailed them. This was after I had received other items from vendors in Canada, so I wanted to see what was going on with this order.

I get it that their busy and stuff happens, but you should not let your customer keep guessing where their stuff is and not keep track of what's been ordered. Communication is key to keeping people happy and it doesn't take a lot of work from their end to make sure we're all in the loop.

Jose

Yep, it's a circus. I don't necessarily have hard feelings toward them personally but like I've said before if you're going to advertise products online then you need to have enough staff to handle orders and get them shipped out and tracked. It's not right to charge for an order on day 1 and not ship until day 23 after numerous emails and status updates.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well it looks great under the hood and it sounds great but unfortunately it's throwing a couple of check engine codes and I'm trying to diagnose with them at this time. I think the ECU is not happy with all the extra airflow.

Attachments

• 20200507_174415.jpg
    20200507_174415.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200507_174345.jpg
    20200507_174345.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200507_175038.jpg
    20200507_175038.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 64

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleared all codes and drove the truck. So far all is well. Feels like better throttle response, but I can't prove it. She roars!

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
That shipped fast!
The tracking # he sent me still only shows that a label has been created, just emailed him to find out when it will actually ship.
Thanks for the video, look forward to installing mine once I get it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That shipped fast!
The tracking # he sent me still only shows that a label has been created, just emailed him to find out when it will actually ship.
Thanks for the video, look forward to installing mine once I get it.
That was my situation from April 17 until May 5. Sitting there waiting for him to call and schedule pick up. But once he finally does it moves fast.

I may paint mine black. Can't decide.

Users who are viewing this thread