5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alternatives to Decked?

U

User_6565

Anyone know of alternatives to the Decked system? I currently have a Diamondback HD tonneau cover but my needs have changed since.

I like Decked but would like to compare with any other options. If there are none, well, my comparison will be very short.
Basically, I like the idea of having the additional storage but also being able to put on some rack system for a RTT or hauling kayaks or bicycles or whatever. The problem with the DB is the fact that once you put something on a rack, you can no longer access anything under the cover.

I don't know if I would also want to put a low profile traditional toolbox on there because the two drawers might be sufficient.

Also, anyone local to me interested in purchasing the DB cover?

RGJIV

Reaction score
Anyone know of alternatives to the Decked system? I currently have a Diamondback HD tonneau cover but my needs have changed since.

I like Decked but would like to compare with any other options. If there are none, well, my comparison will be very short.
Basically, I like the idea of having the additional storage but also being able to put on some rack system for a RTT or hauling kayaks or bicycles or whatever. The problem with the DB is the fact that once you put something on a rack, you can no longer access anything under the cover.

I don't know if I would also want to put a low profile traditional toolbox on there because the two drawers might be sufficient.

Also, anyone local to me interested in purchasing the DB cover?
I believe that Mopar has a similar option.

U

User_6565

I believe that Mopar has a similar option.

Thanks. I looked and they do have something very similar. At least from what I can tell in a single picture. I wasn't able to find any additional pictures or other data.

geotex1

Reaction score
Well, Decked is something basically borrowed from the commercial industry to make available to the average Joes and Janes... So, you can check out pretty much any custom box manufacturer like Highway Products, Hagerstown Metal Fabrication, TruckVault, etc. The only reason I've posted in response is because you are already familiar with what "real" working bed accessories are considering the expense of a Diamondback. These will be in that league and more. I've actually had products from all three of these companies and have ZERO complaints. They can customize however you like and are willing to pay for, right down to building them strong enough to park a regular quad (no lightweight racer) or motorcycle on.

Users who are viewing this thread