5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine system

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Harmon Kardon amp will work with the alpine system? And if so where to get one?

Hockeydad

Reaction score
After thinking about it I guess it would not work since the Harmon kardon amp is 4 ohm and the alpine amp is 2 ohm. So my next question is there another way to get more power to my speakers. I would like to keep all speakers and subwoofer where they are since I have pretty much changed them all out. I like that the stock amp has surround sound.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would double check that 2 Ohm idea. Someone posted on here a couple weeks ago that they metered their Alpine Speaker and it came to just just under 4 ohms.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I would double check that 2 Ohm idea. Someone posted on here a couple weeks ago that they metered their Alpine Speaker and it came to just just under 4 ohms.
I had readings of 2.3-2.7 but I thought I read somewhere where the system was a 2 ohm one. Hope I’m wrong and the HK amp is the same just more power. But thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread