5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine system front door speakers

Hockeydad

Reaction score
For those of you that have the alpine system and have replaced your front door speakers. What did you use and how did they sound in comparison to the stock ones?

weazsel

Reaction score
I feel like I'm one of the few that's actually super happy with the Alpine system.
I just picked up my first truck on Monday. 19 1500 DT Quad Cab. I think the Alpine system sounds great and is plenty loud enough ONLY while connected to Apple CarPlay. There is a significant difference in power when comparing to a Bluetooth connection. I tried streaming music wirelessly last night and now understand the complaints I’ve seen.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
just remember the front doors are crossed over at 400hz in the alpine system so your not gonna get tons of higher frequency output no mater what speaker you swap in.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I just picked up my first truck on Monday. 19 1500 DT Quad Cab. I think the Alpine system sounds great and is plenty loud enough ONLY while connected to Apple CarPlay. There is a significant difference in power when comparing to a Bluetooth connection. I tried streaming music wirelessly last night and now understand the complaints I’ve seen.
You think your system sounds good now replace the speakers and you will be amazed how much better it sounds.

doctorxring

Reaction score
I'm also very happy with the Alpine system in my 2020 Crew Cab 1500. I got quite a bit of improvement on mine (to my ears) by moving the fader directly to the back 3 clicks and tinkering with the equalizer some. I would say a solid 50% improvement. Enough to dissolve any thoughts of replacing speakers.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I'm also very happy with the Alpine system in my 2020 Crew Cab 1500. I got quite a bit of improvement on mine (to my ears) by moving the fader directly to the back 3 clicks and tinkering with the equalizer some. I would say a solid 50% improvement. Enough to dissolve any thoughts of replacing speakers.
You will never be able to adjust it enough to make up for the highs that those single speakers put out like two ways will do. Also you will get more base by changing out the rear doors. But to each there own the alpine is definitely much better then the base system.

R

Rob5589

Replacing the front 3 made a nice difference for a few bucks. I like a "forward" sound stage with just a touch of "fill" from the rears. I may do the front doors eventually. Not looking forward to pulling the door panels though. It really depends on how you like to listen to your tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:

YawnY

Reaction score
The only thing I dislike about the system is all the little rattles the base makes. I like alittle more bass and find every door rattles.

doctorxring

Reaction score
You will never be able to adjust it enough to make up for the highs that those single speakers put out like two ways will do. Also you will get more base by changing out the rear doors. But to each there own the alpine is definitely much better then the base system.

Hockeydad -- I went ahead and changed out the 3 dash speakers on my Alpine system in my 2020 Laramie with Infinity Reference 3032cfx's yesterday. I was wrong and you were right !! Kudos to you Hockeydad. And thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread