5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine System Advice

chevdc

Reaction score
Hello

I am completely new to car audio. The most I've ever done was swap stock speakers in my old Cobalt. That being said, I'm good at electrical and mechanical aspects, I've just never dabbled in audio before.

I'm looking to make some improvement to the stock Alpine system that comes with the 2019 1500 Bighorn. My end goal is to have more volume, and cleaner bass.

I was looking at replacing the dash speakers, but on Crutchfield's website, every speaker I saw said it has a higher impedance thus resulting in lower volume across the system. This is the opposite effect I want.

Anybody have any advice on what to do? Do I have to replace the whole system to get to my goal? Any recommendations on what to do?

Thank you :)

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Horns do not have the Alpine system stock, it is a $600 upgrade. You sure you have it? The regular 6 speaker base system is easier to upgrade.

chevdc

Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I meant untouched, unmodded alpine system. Yes, I'm sure I have it

Jelectric

Reaction score
Hello

I am completely new to car audio. The most I've ever done was swap stock speakers in my old Cobalt. That being said, I'm good at electrical and mechanical aspects, I've just never dabbled in audio before.

I'm looking to make some improvement to the stock Alpine system that comes with the 2019 1500 Bighorn. My end goal is to have more volume, and cleaner bass.

I was looking at replacing the dash speakers, but on Crutchfield's website, every speaker I saw said it has a higher impedance thus resulting in lower volume across the system. This is the opposite effect I want.

Anybody have any advice on what to do? Do I have to replace the whole system to get to my goal? Any recommendations on what to do?

Hello

Hey, I to have the Alpine system in my 2021 Big Horn. I've been thinking about upgrading the speakers in the spring so any advice would be great. Thanks for posting this question Chevdc

MarkB67

Reaction score
Hey, I to have the Alpine system in my 2021 Big Horn. I've been thinking about upgrading the speakers in the spring so any advice would be great. Thanks for posting this question Chevdc
I just installed 4 Pioneer TS-G690 in the doors of my 19 Bighorn 6 speaker system and it made a huge difference! More bass mids and highs, I’m sure they would work even better in your truck being Alpine, you can get them for $50 a pair , also you can go the Kenwood route too, Amazon has a set of 4 6x9s for under $100 , you will also need the Metra 71-050 adapters to make connections

805myth1

Reaction score
For the alpine system do not use 4 ohm speakers if you do not plan to power them with an aftermarket amplifier, or it will result in lower volume.

sppb32

Reaction score
Look into the JBL GX series, 3.5 and 6x9 they are 2.3ohm impedance and high sensitivity, Powerbass also has 2ohm 6x9 but i don't think they fit the front doors as you only have 3" of mounting depth if i'm not mistaken.

MarkB67

Reaction score
Does anybody actually know the ohm rating of the door speakers with the Alpine system?

Code2medic

Reaction score
Amp it and use your choice of speakers I like audio frogs great speakers but in the end go for what your ears like.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my ram rebel i got the 9 amp speakers im thinking of just adding a 8 inch sub in the back middle seats do you think i will need a amp seperate for sub?

JBV

Reaction score
is it not a good stereo in it's own right?

Users who are viewing this thread