5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine speaker option reviews???

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
Debating on a new 19 ram near me. Only option it’s missing is alpine speaker system. Wondering what people think who have it or have heard it. I have a kicker hideaway in my truck now and thought to just ask to transfer it over and just upgrade the door speakers too. Thanks!

Derek

Reaction score
I listened to both before making my decision and decided that the stock were good enough for my needs, but I wasn’t thrilled by the idea.

I ended up with the Alpine though and in my opinion, It’s great. I think it has a nice rich sound and a good range. Some on the forum are disappointed by the alpine. Others on the forum have had good results from swapping out stock speakers. My advice would be to make your way to the dealer and listen to the same songs/programs on both setups to decide which you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ium33

Reaction score
IMO the Alpine sounds better than the B&O in the Fords, the Bose in GMC, Meridian in the Rovers, Revel in the Navigators, and definitely better than the HK in my truck.

If you were thinking about upgrading anyway, I'd probably save the cash on the Alpine option though.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the price difference I believe it's a no-brainer if you really enjoy your audio. To get the base 6 speaker system sounding on par with the Alpine, you'll easily spend double, maybe even triple than what the Alpine option costs.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I like my Alpine system. Not an audiophile but like a good punch in a system. No need to upgrade to the HK for me.

Klute

Reaction score
I have the stock bighorn system and it is fine for me. I do think I will replace the speakers in 4-5 years (once it's paid off, lol). Actually was surprised how good the stock system sounds. More bass than I was expecting.

campbell_81

Reaction score
IMO the Alpine sounds better than the B&O in the Fords, the Bose in GMC, Meridian in the Rovers, Revel in the Navigators, and definitely better than the HK in my truck.

If you were thinking about upgrading anyway, I'd probably save the cash on the Alpine option though.
Have you gone in and had the TSB done on the HK system? It is night and day difference. Hated mine at first, and now I am in love. Rich highs, strong mids, and bass I can actually feel. I have had the Bose in my 2018 Denali, Rockford Fosgate in my 2016 Titan XD, and neither truck was this good. Wish I had more EQ options though, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Lize

Reaction score
Not heard stock system, have Alpine, when you turn off surround sound in options you can really tell the difference. Middle speaker in top of dash makes it sound like music filling cab rather than coming from speakers at sides. Not sure if stock would sound like it with surround off. Definitely worth a listen of both to compare.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't like the way the 3 speakers in the front sounded so i changed them out, but all in all its a very decent system with better than average sound

Clean19

Reaction score
I didn't even ask for the option, OP. It sort of just fell into place, and let me tell you, its a no brainer. everyone that's gotten in the truck has commented on how nice it sounds. I had a Fender Audio option in my VW and this is even better than that. do it!

ium33

Reaction score
Have you gone in and had the TSB done on the HK system? It is night and day difference. Hated mine at first, and now I am in love. Rich highs, strong mids, and bass I can actually feel. I have had the Bose in my 2018 Denali, Rockford Fosgate in my 2016 Titan XD, and neither truck was this good. Wish I had more EQ options though, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I tried to have TSB (mine was built 6/18) but both dealer and RAM are telling me my VIN does not show that TSB available. No records that it was done prior to me picking it up either so I don't know.

I do know the Alpine sounds great.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Alpine and I love it. My only complaint is that it doesn't get loud enough for some songs; but I really like to crank it up. I agree with others here who recommend getting it. I must have a good stereo system in my vehicles. It would cost a bundle to upgrade the stock system to the quality of the Alpine system. I guess it depends on how important music is to you...its very important to me.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mention, I installed an Alpine stereo and 4 speakers in my old 95 F150. It sounds great and I love listening to it every time I'm in it. Love the old truck too.

Users who are viewing this thread