5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine question

JBeckman

Reaction score
So today I replaced all 3 of my dash speakers to infinity 3032cfx.

Now I have read here that the alpine amp will automatically stop bass from going to the dash. Is this correct? Or should I solder in the supplies capacitors?

barr0208

Reaction score

Now I have read here that the alpine amp will automatically stop bass from going to the dash. Is this correct? Or should I solder in the supplies capacitors?
you are fine the amp is already crossed over for the 3.5s don't add anything between it.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Only the base 6 speakers system sends full-range to all the speakers. You're good.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Now I have new door speakers coming in as well. 9633ix. I was reading that they need to be crossed when hooking up. I ordered the metra 72-6515 plugs. Are they already "switched"? Thise were the plugs the crutchfield suggested for the alpine system.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I would like to know what signal the doors are getting as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Now I have new door speakers coming in as well. 9633ix. I was reading that they need to be crossed when hooking up. I ordered the metra 72-6515 plugs. Are they already "switched"? Thise were the plugs the crutchfield suggested for the alpine system.
They should be switched, You're going to notice the ANC getting kinda weird and it will make weird sounds if they are not switched.

I would like to know what signal the doors are getting as well.

Mid-Low end sounds.

JBeckman

Reaction score
They should be switched, You're going to notice the ANC getting kinda weird and it will make weird sounds if they are not switched.

Mid-Low end sounds.

Do you know if it's an immediate ANC noise? Or does it rake a minute? I plan on testing each speaker as I go, but would hate to get the panel back on and find out its backwards. Lol

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know if it's an immediate ANC noise? Or does it rake a minute? I plan on testing each speaker as I go, but would hate to get the panel back on and find out its backwards. Lol
Then don't put the panel back. Change the speakers and go for a ride. Drive with Music on, Music off, try to listen carefully if there's a droning noise, if there is, try to open the front windows and see if the droning is gone.
ANC is disabled when you open the windows so if the noise is gone when the window is open, it's the ANC.
If there is a noise, you start with switching the drivers side door and check again. then you keep going and switch the other doors.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score

I know that this has been discussed at length in other threads, but could you comment on why you chose the Infinity speakers? What type of sound were you going for, and do you think it has been accomplished with this upgrade? Others can feel free to comment as well.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I know that this has been discussed at length in other threads, but could you comment on why you chose the Infinity speakers? What type of sound were you going for, and do you think it has been accomplished with this upgrade? Others can feel free to comment as well.
If you're looking for a smooth, crisp high sounds, Don't go with the cheaper options.
Go with a Silk-Dome tweeter. Like the Skar audio or the JLs...
The cheap speakers have aluminum tweeter and it's not very pleasing, too much highs and no mids at all.
You want good aluminum-tweeter speaker? The infinity is the only option, JBL and Kicker are not good for the 2 side dash speakers, they just lack a lot of the richness that the original speakers have.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Then don't put the panel back. Change the speakers and go for a ride. Drive with Music on, Music off, try to listen carefully if there's a droning noise, if there is, try to open the front windows and see if the droning is gone.
ANC is disabled when you open the windows so if the noise is gone when the window is open, it's the ANC.
If there is a noise, you start with switching the drivers side door and check again. then you keep going and switch the other doors.
Great advise, thanks! Just didnt know if it was immediate or not.

JBeckman

Reaction score

Actually I went with infinity for a couple reasons. First is that I've had good success with them in previous trucks. Not crazy overbearing to me.
2nd is due to hearing loss. There are a few ranges that I cannot hear at all. I like how they have a higher db rating than most. And the 3 way 6x9's also have a 3db "boost button" on the tweeter itself. So in all, I can enjoy some music and not have the raido blasting all the time.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Great advise, thanks! Just didnt know if it was immediate or not.
The ANC is working as long as the car is on and the windows are closed. So you should notice the difference pretty quickly if there is one.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Actually I went with infinity for a couple reasons. First is that I've had good success with them in previous trucks. Not crazy overbearing to me.
2nd is due to hearing loss. There are a few ranges that I cannot hear at all. I like how they have a higher db rating than most. And the 3 way 6x9's also have a 3db "boost button" on the tweeter itself. So in all, I can enjoy some music and not have the raido blasting all the time.

If you're looking for a smooth, crisp high sounds, Don't go with the cheaper options.
Go with a Silk-Dome tweeter. Like the Skar audio or the JLs...
The cheap speakers have aluminum tweeter and it's not very pleasing, too much highs and no mids at all.
You want good aluminum-tweeter speaker? The infinity is the only option, JBL and Kicker are not good for the 2 side dash speakers, they just lack a lot of the richness that the original speakers have.

Thanks to you both. I am not an audiophile at all, but would love to gain "cleaner" mids and highs. So did you both do the dash speakers and the doors?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to you both. I am not an audiophile at all, but would love to gain "cleaner" mids and highs. So did you both do the dash speakers and the doors?
I actually got 3 HK dash speakers. And Kicker for the two rear ceiling speakers...

Kob0583

Reaction score
When you guys mean switch for the door speakers do you mean flipping the positive and negative polarity with regards to ANC? I want to change my front speakers when I install my passive entry figured might as well sense the door panels will be off.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
When you guys mean switch for the door speakers do you mean flipping the positive and negative polarity with regards to ANC? I want to change my front speakers when I install my passive entry figured might as well sense the door panels will be off.

Yeah, we are talking about the polarity...

ny2az

Reaction score
I actually got 3 HK dash speakers. And Kicker for the two rear ceiling speakers...

??? question ... why would you place the kickers in the rear headliner over infinity's ... you already have the infinitys in all 3 dash speaker locations ... the infinitys have a higher db rating which would play louder than the kickers with same power settings ... thx

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
??? question ... why would you place the kickers in the rear headliner over infinity's ... you already have the infinitys in all 3 dash speaker locations ... the infinitys have a higher db rating which would play louder than the kickers with same power settings ... thx
I don't have infinity's in the front, I have the HK dash speakers. And I didn't know about the Infinity's when I bought the Kickers for the rear... they sound very nice too so i don't mind leaving them...

ny2az

Reaction score
I don't have infinity's in the front, I have the HK dash speakers. And I didn't know about the Infinity's when I bought the Kickers for the rear... they sound very nice too so i don't mind leaving them...

thx for the reply ... l have the HK system and had switched out the center channel speaker to an infinity and actually switched it back to stock ... l found the stock speaker to be better and have no idea why ... now, with the stock 6 speaker and the alpine l can understand any good quality speaker to be an improvement ...

Users who are viewing this thread