5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine 9 speaker system, muffled front speakers, best way to correct?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After driving my 22 1500 with the alpine 9 speaker setup, I noticed the sound at times seemed off, noticed the front speakers sound very muffled. After researching on here, I see the front door speakers are low frequency and really only used for bass. Is there any fix to this or what can I install to get more sound from the front door speakers? I am not an expert at all with audio so don't beat me to death on this.

sppb32

Reaction score
No, that's the frequency range from the factory amplifier for the door speakers, even if you replace the speakers with aftermarket ones it won't be much change, but that's how it supposed to be, the high frequency is directional and is supposed to come from the front (hear level) and low frequency is not directional so it can be anywhere in the vehicle, you don't want to feel like the singer is singing by your feet, you want to feel like you are in front of a stage.

Users who are viewing this thread