5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpharex NOVA series or Morimoto XB

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the regular halogen lights on my 2020 night edition.
I am looking to upgrade to an LED headlight. Not just bulbs.
I am trying to decide between the Alpharex NOVA series or the morimoto XB.
Suggestions, pictures, issues etc ??

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been ogling the Morimoto XB but the price has scared me away, but man they are sharp looking. Plan B is to monitor eBay for low price OEM LED headlamps and get the adapter harness from RetroShop

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeremy at retro shop has the morimoto XB for $1350 shipped
I've been ogling the Morimoto XB but the price has scared me away, but man they are sharp looking. Plan B is to monitor eBay for low price OEM LED headlamps and get the adapter harness from RetroShop

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's not too bad for shipped price, now if I can just convince my wife. Early reviews were spotty but sounds like they stand behind their product and solved any first run production issues. Not having much luck finding any photos other than on Morimoto's site

ColtonParker

Reaction score
Fuse tap required for DRL?
They come with fuse harness but no fuse tap, I just put the wire in the fuse hole and the sandwiched the fuse on top. I eventually will get a fuse tap with fuses. The fuse you tap into is F38

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They come with fuse harness but no fuse tap, I just put the wire in the fuse hole and the sandwiched the fuse on top. I eventually will get a fuse tap with fuses. The fuse you tap into is F38
If memory serves me right. The AlphaRex DRL's use a 15 Amp inline fuse and F38 is a 10 Amp fuse.

Your DRL's will be brighter if you tap into F60 with is a 20 Amp Fuse and the inline fuse will step it down to 15 Amps.

ColtonParker

Reaction score
If memory serves me right. The AlphaRex DRL's use a 15 Amp inline fuse and F38 is a 10 Amp fuse.

Your DRL's will be brighter if you tap into F60 with is a 20 Amp Fuse and the inline fuse will step it down to 15 Amps.
Sweet thanks for the info, ill try that.

mcp6530

Reaction score
I have the regular halogen lights on my 2020 night edition.
I am looking to upgrade to an LED headlight. Not just bulbs.
I am trying to decide between the Alpharex NOVA series or the morimoto XB.
Suggestions, pictures, issues etc ??
Did you upgrade?

Vokalharmony

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of them on the wall do I can see the light output and pattern? No videos or pictures online show that

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of them on the wall do I can see the light output and pattern? No videos or pictures online show that
Morimoto XB headlights and diode dynamics SS3 fog lights in this picture.

Attachments

• 3BD8848B-9402-42E6-845F-560718A1321E.jpeg
    3BD8848B-9402-42E6-845F-560718A1321E.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 66

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Morimoto XB headlights and diode dynamics SS3 fog lights in this picture.
hey man, how are the Morimoto XB Gen 2 headlights working for you after all this time? your lights in the picture look soft white (yellow) more than the white LED look, is it just the picture? are the pretty bright and way worth it over the ugly stock halogens? thank you

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey man, how are the Morimoto XB Gen 2 headlights working for you after all this time? your lights in the picture look soft white (yellow) more than the white LED look, is it just the picture? are the pretty bright and way worth it over the ugly stock halogens? thank you
Went through 3 sets of the headlights before I gave up and went with OEM led headlights. The morimotos looked better but the performance was terrible compared to the factory led headlights.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I've got the new XB's as well. Not as bright as other OEM led's I've seen, but much better than stock halogens. It took me a few times to get them adjusted where they needed to be because I tow on a regular basis. These lights have a very aggressive beam cutoff so when towing, everything was fine due to how I aimed the lights. With a dry truck, the beam was lower due to unloaded chassis angle. Had to bring the driver side beam to the left just a little to eliminate a hole in the pattern. It drove me nuts. Was about only a few feet wide but was about a foot away from the center line. Got too distracting and I was finally able to get it dialed in.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Went through 3 sets of the headlights before I gave up and went with OEM led headlights. The morimotos looked better but the performance was terrible compared to the factory led headlights.
wow. so glad to hear this. i havnt purchased the Morimotos and have been waiting till black friday. looks like i will go with the OEM and purchase them right now. thank you much man. also followed you on IG lol Its the same as my user name here.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Another vote for OEM here, just did the install last week for a friend of mine after hearing about one of is buddies who is also on his third set of Morimotos.

Users who are viewing this thread