5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlphaOBD and TPMS issues

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
I purchases AlphaOBD, the bypass and dongle to adjust the truck for larger tire size, as well as see if I can fix an issue im having with the TPMS. since I've installed the new 35s (10 ply) and American racing wheels, my TPMS works maybe 2% of the time. And even then, it will only pick up a single sensor sporadically. I did reset the system, and it read all 4 sensors and the light stayed off for about 5 miles. Then, bamb, back on. I worked in a tore shop for years, and saw this once in awhile with 10ply tires of half ton trucks. Are the receivers on the truck side just not strong enough to make it through the thicker combo, thats also more distant? Is there any way to increase the receiver strength?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues here. Also have aftermarket sensors. I left my factory In my factory wheels

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
i am using factory sensors, right from the dealership. and i have no TPMS issues at all before. now, i can go in with Aplha and reset the sensors, and they are good for about 20 miles, then they drop again

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i am using factory sensors, right from the dealership. and i have no TPMS issues at all before. now, i can go in with Aplha and reset the sensors, and they are good for about 20 miles, then they drop again
How big of a lift do you have, and have you had the sensors checked to confirm theres not an issue with them? A tool like in the image below can give some insights into tpms sensor issues. I’m not saying that it’s the case, but they could have been damaged when the tires were installed. I’ve certainly messed up my fair share of sensors in the past when mounting new tires.

BD895D6E-C1EC-4337-88BB-A578480B8563.jpeg

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
Yes, all sensors scan properly and are functioning properly. I installed them myself, and ran a tire shop for a good while. The lift is 3"

Users who are viewing this thread