5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpha Rex halogen replacement headlights

canative

Reaction score
Anyone here install the Alpha Rex halogen headlights? How do you hook up the wiring for the DLR's? Didn't come with any instructions. I've seen video's on how to remove and replace the headlights but nothing on how or where to connect the wiring to the fuse box.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here install the Alpha Rex halogen headlights? How do you hook up the wiring for the DLR's? Didn't come with any instructions. I've seen video's on how to remove and replace the headlights but nothing on how or where to connect the wiring to the fuse box.
When I ordered the AlphaRex PRO-Series Headlights, I noticed that they did not have any installation instructions posted on there website. So I contacted the Tech Support at AlphaRex. They told me to use the F66 fuse. Which is valid for the 4thGenRams but not the 5thGenRams. After he told me that he did not know which fuse to tap, he said that I could wire it to any 10 Amp - 20 Amp fuse that would come on with the starter.

When I saw that the fuse that was on the pigtail for the DRL's was a 15 AMP fuse I went with a 15-20 Amp fuse. I tested the fuse box with my Multi-Meter to figure out which one I could use that would only turn on when the truck was running. Most of the fuses had power all of the time. The only one that I could find was a F60 Fuse : ECM / PCM / ACT Short Running Valve.

Since this is a critical fuse I decided to use a fuse tap so that the tap was clean.
Our trucks use the Micro 2 Fuse
You can pick one up here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pics of the install:
Ram Fuse Box Layout.jpg

RAM Fuse Box.jpg

canative

Reaction score
Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Just got done installing the AlphaRex headlights. Got all the wiring done and cleaned up, now I just have to order this fuse tap.

Users who are viewing this thread