5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost had it

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
So there is a snowstorm in ND, we already got over a foot of snow and it’s customary for me to drive around when usually people stay at home. After 3 hours of washing the truck, I decided to drive around to see some good ol snow. Plows are on road and I was at least 50 feet behind the last one stopped, suddenly the plow guy decides to back up, and fairly fast. When I realized he will come and I can kiss the front of my truck goodbye I started honking and backing up, there is another 150 behind me, so my choice is getting my front end smothered by a snow plow or back into the 150, I start backing and thankfully the 150 starts backing too. All of these things happened in matter of 10 seconds. Thankfully the plow stopped, my front collision warning came on with red lights so it was within 12 inch or so from hitting me, definitely looked lot closed. I stopped breathing for 3 seconds waiting for the impact and bracing for air bags to deploy .... the plow stopped and went it’s merry way...

Close call. Thankfully nothing hit my truck and I didn’t hit anyone but boy it was hair raising experience.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoa. Glad you didn’t getting crunched!

Question: why would you wash your truck and then immediately take it out in the snow? Lol! Washed mine today too (notice the snow in the background!), then it went right back in the garage, where it will stay for the rest of the weekend as we are expecting more wintry weather tomorrow. Keep it clean for at least one day!! 64C01B66-2D11-4D54-A650-AE680B4D75C2.jpeg

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Whoa. Glad you didn’t getting crunched!

Question: why would you wash your truck and then immediately take it out in the snow? Lol! Washed mine today too (notice the snow in the background!), then it went right back in the garage, where it will stay for the rest of the weekend as we are expecting more wintry weather tomorrow. Keep it clean for at least one day!! View attachment 18427

Ha ha ha ... so I can wash again tomorrow . I have ceramic coating, today I washed with ONR and used their QD as a drying aid, makes the paint super slippery, fresh snow is now melting in the heated garage, in a few hours I will have just washed look with no or very little water spots if any. Will take the opti-clean and a towel and do a touch detail tomorrow and it’s as good as new. Too much snow and crappy weather here to do anything else anyway

Users who are viewing this thread