5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Alleged) Warranty Scam

Airbearmd

Reaction score
I paid a lot of money for an extended "bumper to bumper" warranty called an 8/60 Maximum Care a couple of years ago. I am well withing the warranty period. I was just told that I have a bad Power Inverter Module that is not covered under warranty. My contract clearly states that the 120V Outlets are covered under Luxury Group description.

Anyone have any insights into this. To my knowledge this module only involves the 120V outlets!!

Should be a number you can call.
800-591-9922
That’s direct from Mopar…. I don’t know if that falls under Electrical or Luxury, but I agree, it should be covered.
I went here, VIN and name, and I agree…in the contract itself, falls under Luxury. Soon, someone will chime in to correct you and say it’s not “Bumper to bumper”… and it’s not. But it covers a lot…

Should be a number you can call.
800-591-9922
That’s direct from Mopar…. I don’t know if that falls under Electrical or Luxury, but I agree, it should be covered.
I went here, VIN and name, and I agree…in the contract itself, falls under Luxury. Soon, someone will chime in to correct you and say it’s not “Bumper to bumper”… and it’s not. But it covers a lot…

Thanks for the input. I called the number listed on the warranty contract and someone in India answered with an accent so thick it was impossible to understand!! I took the contract to the dealership and sat down with Service Manager, Warranty administrator and the tech working on the truck. They all agreed that per the written contract a "reasonable person" would assume that the part should be covered. It took an hour of on the internet back and forth between the dealer and Chrysler, but the resolution was to my benefit. My part of the repair would be $182 vs $1500. The service manager was unable to fathom how Chrysler arrived at that number, but I agreed to the terms. My faith has been restored with this dealership. Those folks certainly stood in my corner with this.

Thanks for the input. I called the number listed on the warranty contract and someone in India answered with an accent so thick it was impossible to understand!! I took the contract to the dealership and sat down with Service Manager, Warranty administrator and the tech working on the truck. They all agreed that per the written contract a "reasonable person" would assume that the part should be covered. It took an hour of on the internet back and forth between the dealer and Chrysler, but the resolution was to my benefit. My part of the repair would be $182 vs $1500. The service manager was unable to fathom how Chrysler arrived at that number, but I agreed to the terms. My faith has been restored with this dealership. Those folks certainly stood in my corner with this.
Glad the dealership got that taken care of for you! A good dealership can do wonders.

Welcome to the world of charging more and giving less. This is systemic in the automotive industry in almost all facets, but so happy you were able to work it out with your dealership. But you shouldn't have had to do that in the first place.

Welcome to the world of charging more and giving less. This is systemic in the automotive industry in almost all facets, but so happy you were able to work it out with your dealership. But you shouldn't have had to do that in the first place.
No truer words! I deal with health insurance on a daily and I am convinced their only goal is to find a way to decline a service and/or a new service provider.

So clients will get declined or compensated much less for using an out-of-network provider, but if the provider does all the steps to become InNetwork, they are often denied. It's a crap show and the only ones getting ahead are these large insurance companies.

Its a very similar story with car warranties, take as much as you can, deny claims wherever they can....

I appreciate everyone's comments! The tech working on my truck was great explaining a lot of the confusing maintenance items on the truck. He said he had over 6 hours of labor tracking down the ghost amp draw. I still don't have the truck back as the part is stuck in Dallas on a truck. Interestingly the part involved if purchased from the MOPAR on line parts site is $257. I would love to know where they came up with the $1500 cost. The tech said that those inflated costs in their job time book is common. VERY SAD!!!!!!

Interestingly the part involved if purchased from the MOPAR on line parts site is $257.
People need to realize online sellers are there to make a minimal profit, then they charge shipping costs in most cases. They are still paying $220 for that part that lists is $365 for that module, then labor needs to be paid.

.... but the resolution was to my benefit. My part of the repair would be $182 vs $1500. The service manager was unable to fathom how Chrysler arrived at that number, but I agreed to the terms.

The resolution was actually to Chrysler's benefit as they got you to pay for the cost of the part and labor to install it by quoting you a scary outrageous price. The inverter can be had new for around $120 (dealer certainly paid less) and it's an easy install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back