5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All season floor mat recall???

HemiRam

Reaction score
I went in for an oil change yesterday and took my mat out just incase they wanted to cut it up, they noticed this but said the recall does not apply to my truck anyways?? I have the same all weather mats everyone else has so I’m not sure what’s going on.
Check the spot right under the gas pedal. They cut the ribbing on those "affected" or , fingers crossed they're starting to hear that the natives (thats us) are restless.I can send pics of those papers but I'm working right now so that won't be until later.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Wsmith

Reaction score
I just had mine in for service. I didn't mention the mats and they did not touch them. As a note they were not listed on my window sticker, but they were in the truck. When they ran the VIN it probably did not show that I had them, and the 16 year old that put the wrong oil in the truck wouldn't have noticed anyway.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check the spot right under the gas pedal. They cut the ribbing on those "affected" or , fingers crossed they're starting to hear that the natives (thats us) are restless.I can send pics of those papers but I'm working right now so that won't be until later.

No, I took it out before I went in so they couldn’t cut it. And when they got in the truck they asked where the mat was, I told them I took it out cause there was a recall and I didn’t want to crash. The service advisor told me the recall isn’t listed on my vin number so they wouldn’t have done anything anyways.

Wsmith

Reaction score
No, I took it out before I went in so they couldn’t cut it. And when they got in the truck they asked where the mat was, I told them I took it out cause there was a recall and I didn’t want to crash. The service advisor told me the recall isn’t listed on my vin number so they wouldn’t have done anything anyways.
This tells me that if you bought the recalled mat, after purchase, they will not provide the correct mat when they become available. So it is only a recall if it listed on the VIN. If you bought the mats post purchase you are SOL.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This tells me that if you bought the recalled mat, after purchase, they will not provide the correct mat when they become available. So it is only a recall if it listed on the VIN. If you bought the mats post purchase you are SOL.

All weather mats are standard on the rebel and are listed on my build sheet and window sticker. I think FCA has major internal communication issues from everything I see, at least here in Canada.

BombSquadMike

Reaction score
I had the radio and wiper recalls done while I was on R&R from Iraq and they just did the floor mat recall which I didn't know about at the time. The tech who did it must have had a seizure with the Dremel because well we will just say less than desirable results not to mention a tire rotation without adjusting the tire PSI's (my TPMS loved it). The most irritating part is the floor mat is supposed to catch water, dirt and debris but now their fix is cutting a hole under the gas pedal which acts as a roof directing everything from your shoes down the hole to the carpet. RAM can and should do better. How about a floor mat redesign and replacement?

Last edited:

BombSquadMike

Reaction score
Did this without my knowledge or consent before the notice was even sent to me. Now they say there is no revised mat this is it for the recall. I'm done with all fca products. Turning in my ram and my Cherokee. OH and custome service from fca is just as bad as the dealer. No follow up no email with her email so I could send photos. I'm done. #Ramcares about nothing.
93163ad5b97fd4395476c99429de46a2.jpg
df551128bc40a459de54d64585551ca0.jpg
ab7495b391cebd12c30b305b5de8e285.jpg

They cut completely through mine leaving a big open hole.

Reaction score
I had the radio and wiper recalls done while I was on R&R from Iraq and they just did the floor mat recall which I didn't know about at the time. The tech who did it must have had a seizure with the Dremel because well we will just say less than desirable results not to mention a tire rotation without adjusting the tire PSI's (my TPMS loved it). The most irritating part is the floor mat is supposed to catch water, dirt and debris but now their fix is cutting a hole under the gas pedal which acts as a roof directing everything from your shoes down the hole to the carpet. RAM can and should do better. How about a floor mat redesign and replacement?
Your service guy and my service guy must've gotten the same memo about not adjusting the PSIs after the rotation. Took me getting on the highway and my truck handling like a pontoon boat to realize that the pressures were 10 under in the front and 10 over in the rear!

As a follow up to my posts a while ago, I took my truck in on Monday and the service person I got told me that they couldn't just inspect and not repair. She said based on what she had seen so far, they were grinding the ribs down and not cutting holes. So I said if they can grind em, I'll do it. When I went to pick it up, she said they couldn't grind them without leaving a hole, so they didn't proceed and she wrote in my service file that I declined the recall and was aware of the danger. While I got some different stories and it reinforces Sascwatch's comment that FCA Canada doesn't really have a coherent plan with this, I'm thankful my dealer respected my wishes. Hoping the new mats come out around here soon and FCA ponies up to replace them like they should've done in the first place.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Somebody tell me why we're not buying these and billing fca and saying we took care of the recall at our expense here is the bill for reimbursement.
c776cae3ad822b80bf0d8eb31118ae62.jpg

sicpuppy

Reaction score
Any one notice that Ram Cares customer service rep is not chiming in on this thread that I have noticed.
Usually when they see a thread with complaints they tell people to contact them and they will give assistance between the customer and the dealer.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any one notice that Ram Cares customer service rep is not chiming in on this thread that I have noticed.
Usually when they see a thread with complaints they tell people to contact them and they will give assistance between the customer and the dealer.
You can't blame them really. There is no way they can please someone who is getting holes cut into the mat that is supposed to keep water, dirt, and mud off the carpet.

Last edited:

HemiRam

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed. Everyday .
#Ramecares
#LettingUsDownEasyByIgnoringUs

edgarrian

Reaction score
It would appear that they will not be posting on this thread about this delusional fix.

I too have noticed that they have not commented once in the thread. Disappointing

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last week, I had my truck in for service and they asked if they could do the recall. So, just to get it cleared up I told them to do it. Like others, they cut my mat. They did a nice clean job; but it still leaves holes in the mat. Earlier this week, I got a call from my Service Department to bring the truck back in for the new mat. On Friday, I will have my new, updated mat already; less than a week from when the old one was cut. So, apparently the mats are available.

leonandlisa

Reaction score
If you get a new mat, can you post a pic. I would like to have something to show my dealer.

Thanks

2019 Ram 1500 cc Laramie Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread