5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All season floor mat recall???

edgarrian

Reaction score
Thats a crap fix. Instead of new floor mat they do this. Thats annoying. I wouldn't blame. I mean if they cant make this right. Then **** on them.

Did this without my knowledge or consent before the notice was even sent to me. Now they say there is no revised mat this is it for the recall. I'm done with all fca products. Turning in my ram and my Cherokee. OH and custome service from fca is just as bad as the dealer. No follow up no email with her email so I could send photos. I'm done. #Ramcares about nothing.
93163ad5b97fd4395476c99429de46a2.jpg
df551128bc40a459de54d64585551ca0.jpg
ab7495b391cebd12c30b305b5de8e285.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

edgarrian

Reaction score
I mean that sucks... but you're going to trade in two vehicles because of floor mats? And/or a poor dealer network that you had to know about before you bought them? There has to be more... right?

Thanks for posting this though. I will not allow them to make that change to my mat. That's pathetic.
Totally ridiculous solution. I get the frustration but getting rid of your FCA products is a little rash. This is what happens when lawyers and frivolous lawsuits make companies do ridiculous things.

This is by far the dumbest fix i have seen to date. I dont blame the guy. IF he wants to dump his **** then cool.

As for lawyer stuff. Id say that americans are sue happy but what brought that on?? Poor service, poor customer relationships. As vehicles become more expensive, people expectations become bigger as well. As for brand loyalty I really dont have any. I brought the 2019 rebel bc i liked it. Before that I had a tundra. The only vehicle i have kept since new is my 2007 gt mustang which is basically not stock any more. My wife has a Mazda. When we buy new I always research the previous years if there isn't major changes. This is no different than the problems they have had with air ride in the northern states. Tons of issues, with minimal fixes

edgarrian

Reaction score
Before I started my truck today I decided to see if there was an issue with my mat. I pushed the accelerator pedal down all the way with my hand and there is no way it could touch the ridges on the floor mat. Maybe if its put back in incorrectly, but it seems unlikely to me. I have my pedals moved almost all the way down too.

As i recall this hasn't happened to anyone but it COULD. Ridiculous

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As i recall this hasn't happened to anyone but it COULD. Ridiculous
That's exactly right... someone proved that it could happen... then lawyers got wind of it and forced the recall.

FCA... or whatever the new company name is... can't afford a major class action like Toyota had. Probably can't even afford the legal fees to fight it right now, even if it's all BS theoretical liability. So, they issue a even more BS recall and solution. That reduces the liability significantly because they did issue the recall... it's legal CYA.

It happens all the time... but RAM and FCA are just the worst examples right not.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Did this without my knowledge or consent before the notice was even sent to me. Now they say there is no revised mat this is it for the recall. I'm done with all fca products. Turning in my ram and my Cherokee. OH and custome service from fca is just as bad as the dealer. No follow up no email with her email so I could send photos. I'm done. #Ramcares about nothing.
93163ad5b97fd4395476c99429de46a2.jpg
df551128bc40a459de54d64585551ca0.jpg
ab7495b391cebd12c30b305b5de8e285.jpg

WOW, that Sir looks AWESOME , my recall came in the mail today called dealer and told them no way in hell are they doing this to my truck. Next time I bring it in for service l will remove the matt so they don't wreck it.

HemiRam

Reaction score
I mean that sucks... but you're going to trade in two vehicles because of floor mats? And/or a poor dealer network that you had to know about before you bought them? There has to be more... right?

Thanks for posting this though. I will not allow them to make that change to my mat. That's pathetic.
No my dude. The mat was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I had the glove box light that never went off. They fixed that to their credit. I have the lack luster underperforming crew cab 5th gen a/c and ill post pics, same day, same Guage, same driveway and my cabin is smaller than the cherokee it should in that theory get colder quicker. It has never touched the green area 40⁰ to 42⁰-43⁰ at inside the vent. Even my 110volt 10 or 12kbtu window mount air-conditioner hit the green range in 100 degree weather in my two car garage within an hour. And that's a big hot room to "remove the heat from" (yes I took an hvac class as well). But it doesn't end there I've been back a half a dozen times for the auto brake feature which has never allowed me to back into my own driveway. Now, I'm a disabled person that can't turn my head more than a few degrees in either direction. I bought this truck FOR this feature. Several months back , and you can look this up if you want to fact check me, our family gym where we take our kids for swim lessons, aikido, soccer, etc...a 2 year old child was backed over and killed in the parking lot. My single worst fears is my handicap creating a horrific unimaginable tragedy like that. My sons were 5 and 2 when I took possession and I have to back into my driveway , the position of it, and where my wife parks and the sheer size of a fullsize., ***** of it is , her cherokee has the autobrake with rear parktronic and camera, and it has never fallen and whiplashed the brakes. Mine did the night I got it, I thought I could dial down the sensitivity in the settings. There's more to this story and what I've been through with this dealer but I didn't want it to seem like it was all mats. I've never had a problem with them.. if i knew this was how it was going to be handled i would have left them in the trash and bought aftermarket mats so they can blame the autobrake and the a/c on them

HemiRam

Reaction score
On another thread in here, Ramcares states that once replacements are available, you will be notified and your defective one will be replaced
I like what your saying, and I'm honest to God not trying to stir **** up, my parts guy said "heres the recall, thats what we did to your mat , I don't know anything about them making new mats but I (he) seriously doubt it. You can keep these papers."
5a785f3c37814f936dd7c0ffc5b3e655.jpg
acd2255aa74e623dd0d4c253bcbd4d8b.jpg
99d1c97dbbff3d990e08173e58ebb94c.jpg

sicpuppy

Reaction score
Cutting holes in your floor mats kind of negates the reason you get floor mats. Now crap will get on your carpets. They could have at least put something on the bottom to plug the holes.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Cutting holes in your floor mats kind of negates the reason you get floor mats. Now crap will get on your carpets. They could have at least put something on the bottom to plug the holes.
I'd like them to fix the stuff that came broken. Like the autobrake which was the reason I bought this truck or the a/c which makes my kids not want to even ride in it. Oh and good news: I'm moving to Florida where ill need this crap a/c even more. Looks like its ball valve mod for me!

HemiRam

Reaction score
I would demand a new mat thats bs!
I did. Thats where he cut in (no pun intended) with "!these are the only mats I know of and seriously doubt there will be new ones." Oh so I guess you'll keep making them wrong and cutting them up upon delivery? Good luck with that. #RamCares #RamDoesNotActuallyCareAndThereIsNoEvidenceToProveOtherwise .
no consent, no informing, no options, no choice. "There's nothing like no choice to make you feel like you're back in America! You're lucks runnin' " Jack Nicholson as Mr. Udall in As Good As It Gets .

HemiRam

Reaction score
Exactly what i said. "I said look at my steeltoe timberlands. These are black but they look tan from the dirt. Which is what the whole carpet will look like. Water and dirt makes mud. Rubber insulates that. If you have a hole in the rubber the mat is now useless. Do you own a boat sir?" There is no type of service in this place. The one time I was treated right was when I came in and said if you can squeeze me in to do these 3 recalls and look at the items I wrote down, I'll buy another car from you right now. Today. My Saleswoman is here and ill sign and you will move a cherokee today. After that same slimey lying stuff.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No my dude. The mat was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I had the glove box light that never went off. They fixed that to their credit. I have the lack luster underperforming crew cab 5th gen a/c and ill post pics, same day, same Guage, same driveway and my cabin is smaller than the cherokee it should in that theory get colder quicker. It has never touched the green area 40⁰ to 42⁰-43⁰ at inside the vent. Even my 110volt 10 or 12kbtu window mount air-conditioner hit the green range in 100 degree weather in my two car garage within an hour. And that's a big hot room to "remove the heat from" (yes I took an hvac class as well). But it doesn't end there I've been back a half a dozen times for the auto brake feature which has never allowed me to back into my own driveway. Now, I'm a disabled person that can't turn my head more than a few degrees in either direction. I bought this truck FOR this feature. Several months back , and you can look this up if you want to fact check me, our family gym where we take our kids for swim lessons, aikido, soccer, etc...a 2 year old child was backed over and killed in the parking lot. My single worst fears is my handicap creating a horrific unimaginable tragedy like that. My sons were 5 and 2 when I took possession and I have to back into my driveway , the position of it, and where my wife parks and the sheer size of a fullsize., ***** of it is , her cherokee has the autobrake with rear parktronic and camera, and it has never fallen and whiplashed the brakes. Mine did the night I got it, I thought I could dial down the sensitivity in the settings. There's more to this story and what I've been through with this dealer but I didn't want it to seem like it was all mats. I've never had a problem with them.. if i knew this was how it was going to be handled i would have left them in the trash and bought aftermarket mats so they can blame the autobrake and the a/c on them

Ya... there's more. You have a legit gripe!

The back up sensors smashing on the brakes unexpectedly SUCKS! It happens when I back out of my driveway, apparently the pitch in the transition to the road is enough to set it off. Every time it does I feel like I'm having a cardiac episode. For you, that must be exponentially worse. I'm sorry.

About the AC... there are a couple threads on here where people have DIY'd a fix, putting a clamp on the hose for heat.

All that said, you definitely have your reasons. Best of luck... truly.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I checked mine and my mats are flat under that same area....no ribs. That said, I will check with the service tech, then I will be making sure by taking out the driver's side mat before my first oil change. Not taking a chance on them screwing up the mat.

leonandlisa

Reaction score
They cut my mat today, my service writer assured me that there will be new mats available, he said it could be several months out, but this was not a permanent fix, just a quick fix to appease lawyers.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went in yesterday and was able to decline the mat "repair". I expected some pushback, but there was none at all. I had to acknowledge that I declined the recall, which I was fine with.

HemiRam

Reaction score
You guys all have awesome dealers techs and writers. Like I said, i was a waiter, and never consulted, asked or informed. I was there to follow up on having my ac fixed, still blows not cold enough, especially in a crew cab with bundled kiddies in the back strapped into snug car seats, and the autobrake which my service manager has said "he's done with, maybe try another dealer." I wonder if their sales dept or fca for that matter know how many future sales the service department is responsible for losing. I'm still a relatively young man with a wife and two sons. The parts guy being in lock step with him saying "this is the recall I don't know anything about any other replacement mats you can keep those papers if you want and walks away fast" , was especially off putting which is why I thought to warn the forum. Best part is we're having a french drain dug around our entire property our whole backyard is dirt. It rains every day in Philly area hence the tongue in cheek "its always sunny in Philadelphia " because its almost never sunny in Philadelphia. My carpet is already trashed. Oh well. Keeping those papers because this is a leased truck.
#RamCares
#RamCaresareyoureallyhumansorabot

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went in for an oil change yesterday and took my mat out just incase they wanted to cut it up, they noticed this but said the recall does not apply to my truck anyways?? I have the same all weather mats everyone else has so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Attachments

• 5C9D44A4-86AE-467A-B29A-BEC897C44F55.jpeg
    5C9D44A4-86AE-467A-B29A-BEC897C44F55.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 51

Users who are viewing this thread