5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Red Tails

popstatwo

Reaction score
I like the look of the original tail lights on the bighorn over the led tails. What I'm looking for is to have the clear part of the tail, painted (color matched), to the red that's on there already. Does anyone on here do this? Has anyone had this done? Know anyone that would paint these? Thanks.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could use something like VHT Nite Shades in red. Spray very lightly though, and start with one coat. This stuff will get opaque faster than you realize.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know what the prep would be for it?
It’s been years since I’ve done that, so I can’t remember. All I think I remember is that I just wiped the tail lights down to make sure they were clean. The can should say on it what the prep would be, and I bet there are some YouTube how-to videos from VHT.

popstatwo

Reaction score
It’s been years since I’ve done that, so I can’t remember. All I think I remember is that I just wiped the tail lights down to make sure they were clean. The can should say on it what the prep would be, and I bet there are some YouTube how-to videos from VHT.
Thanks for the info. I had them painted on my old 2010 silverado and it was nice. Looking for the same look

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For a little peace of mind in case you mess them up, remember that most people prefer LED's to the halogens, and have upgraded to either OEM or aftermarket lights. So I'm sure there are a lot of used halogen tail lights available for a decent price.

popstatwo

Reaction score
For a little peace of mind in case you mess them up, remember that most people prefer LED's to the halogens, and have upgraded to either OEM or aftermarket lights. So I'm sure there are a lot of used halogen tail lights available for a decent price.
Yeah, I was thinking about that in case I screw them up. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! Good job

Users who are viewing this thread