5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All 4 Seat Ventilation Fans defective at once - videos included

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Took my truck in to the dealer on Monday to have them see if they could fix the rear passenger ventilated seat fan. It's making a god awful noise. They weren't able to reproduce it and sent me on my way without fixing it.

The very next day, temps below 50, ALL of my seat fans started exhibiting the same noise. Once things heat up, the noise goes away but clearly they are all defective and on their way out.

Videos:

Drivers Side Rear:

Passender Rear:

Front Passenger:

I wasn't able to get a vid on the driver's seat as things must have heated up enough in the cabin to cause the sound to go away by the time I got around to doing the video on it.

Really starting to hate this truck. The quality is abysmal.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
My driver seat has been making the same noise lately. It would make sense if it somehow involved the cold weather because it never made it the sound until about a month ago.

illucid

Reaction score
My drivers seat fans (top and bottom) were replaced under warranty for the exact same issue you're having. Make sure they order all the fans *top and bottom for the seats so they have all the parts necessary. Oh , also tell the Tech not to break the clips that hold the leather on the seat frame (which happened to mine) waited a full month from start to finish with a loaner car because they had the seats apart and couldn't put back together properly so they couldn't give me back my truck until the parts were in. At least they didnt try to put the seat back together with broken clips. Sorry for the worrisome news, just make sure you know what's involved in replacing those fans. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread