5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment?

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
Should I have the alignment done after the 3.5” lift with the stock wheels or my new wheel and tires?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wheels and tires don't matter. If you mess with anything on your suspension get an alignment.

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
I planned on getting the alignment, my question is, does it matter what wheels and tires I have on it when I get it done? My stock +19 mm offset on 20” wheels and stock tires or -57 offset, 22x12 wheels?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I planned on getting the alignment, my question is, does it matter what wheels and tires I have on it when I get it done? My stock +19 mm offset on 20” wheels and stock tires or -57 offset, 22x12 wheels?
Your question was answered, although if you're that concerned about it wait until you get the new wheels unless it's going to be several months.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone. If I change struts or wheels, I can bring it back and my alignment fee is covered.

Cost $170 plus tax. If you get more than 2 alignments in the trucks life then it pays for itself.

So in your application, you can buy the alignment package now and get an alignment before and after the wheels if there is a while in between them.

Just some good for thought.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone. If I change struts or wheels, I can bring it back and my alignment fee is covered.

Cost $170 plus tax. If you get more than 2 alignments in the trucks life then it pays for itself.

So in your application, you can buy the alignment package now and get an alignment before and after the wheels if there is a while in between them.

Just some good for thought.
I have the same thing. One thing to note is, like everything else, you can get good work and bad work done at places like those. I independently verified the Firestone alignment I got with other shops the first 2 times. Yeah, it was expensive, but now I know I can trust the Firestone I take it to.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I have been going to the same shop for a few years, built up a level of trust. I agree though, this is across the board on any service.

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
I have no problem paying the $170 for quality work. I have a Firestone just up the street. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Users who are viewing this thread