5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment question

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I had to put a .25 wheel Spacer on my stock 21 Laramie rim to prevent tire rub on my uca after adding a 3.5 lift kit. I think I already know the answer to this but I thought I would ask the truck guru's on here. So will I need to get another alignment or will the .25 Spacer not effect that at all? The only time the tire rubbed was when I was going around tight corners at high speed and my ABS light would come on

Thanks

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only time the tire rubbed was when I was going around tight corners at high speed and my ABS light would come on

Thanks
The part I quoted sounds strange, but to answer your question, adding a wheel spacer doesn’t necessitate an alignment. The only thing you should do is re-check torque of the wheel after 50 or so miles of driving after install.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The spacer should have negligible effect, but the lift might.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
The spacer should have negligible effect, but the lift might.
I already had the lift on before this. It was a tight gap between the tire and uca but now with the Spacer more peice of mind that it's not going to rub.

Users who are viewing this thread