5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment question

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got new tires last week, Cooper AT3 4S. They are awesome. The shop (Fleet Farm) did an alignment check and the toe was off quite a bit on both fronts. I had an alignment done at the dealer under warranty a month and a half ago, they didn't give me the spec sheet but said it was just on the edge with toe but doing better there would move the camber out of spec.

I took it to the dealer again yesterday to get looked at since FF showed it out (by a lot). Yhey put it on the rack and everything was well within the green. This time they gave me the printout. They also said their machine was recently calibrated.

Trying to decide what to do here? Get an alignment at a tire shop or leave it? I am not sure I 100% trust either the dealer or the FF alignment check.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Adjusting toe will not mess up the camber. So I'd mistrust those guys. The tire shop should have adjusted it if they had it on the alignment rack already. So I'd mistrust those guys too.

I'd get busy reading google and yelp reviews of all the alignment people nearby. Or go to the best parts store in town and ask the counter guy who he'd trust with his car. Or if you see the Snap-on truck parked somewhere, stop and ask him. Then go get an alignment. If it turns out you didn't need it, oh, well. At least now you know for sure.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up going to the shop in town that has a really good overall reputation and particularly for alignments. Said I wanted an alignment check and one done if needed. They did one even though it didn't need it and some of the specs are actually worse, particularly the right caster. Pic of specs attached.

To the shop's credit they refunded the charge. But not sure if I should get it done properly somewhere else or leave it?

Attachments

• 20211111_212206.jpg
    20211111_212206.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread