5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment Issue (Rear)

Cleave

Reaction score
In Late February, when the truck was brand new, I installed a Motofab 2" leveling kit. (NON- Air Ride) A few days ago (delayed a few months due to Covid) I added the Motofab 1" rear coil spring spacers in the back. I'm pleased with the stance/appearance with a slight rake. Took the truck to a local tire shop (Mavis) to have an alignment done. Tech brought me over to show me the machine display, showing the rear measurement out of recommended tolerance. The front was aligned successfully. Went on to explain that with a solid rear axle, there really isn't any adjustment to correct it. Toe-In on passenger side rear is at .35 degrees, should be at a max of .30. Said it's not terrible, but was surprised to see it off that much, on a brand new truck with 1800 miles. We discussed the 1" coil spacer on rear and agreed it should not really have a negative effect on the toe. Advised me to consult with dealer - said perhaps its a factory defect, or warranty issue. I know the dealer will point to the coil spacer and blame it as cause. What can or should I do here? Is it possible the coil spacer does actually have a negative effect? Seems doubtful to me. If there was an issue from the factory, i doubt I woud've ever discovered it, until there was significant mileage on the tire to show wear. Has anyone experienced this? In general if a solid rear axle vehicle is out of whack, what is the fix? They were out of printer paper and couldn't give me a proper print out, but let me snap photos of the before and after.

Rear.jpg
Rear - Unadjusted

*on a side note -would you be ok with them not adjusting the slight positive camber up front, because its within the tolerance range?
Thanks for any help.

Front Before.jpg
Front Before

Front After.jpg
Front After

clazer

Reaction score
That’s weird- I don’t think the dealer would be able to claim any warranty invalidation. It’s a solid axle- if it’s not straight, it either came like that or you were doing some fun stunts. As far as the slight left on the front end, that’s generally good from what I understand. Most roads tilt down right.

Users who are viewing this thread