5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alignment: Firestone Could Not Align My 2021 Ram 1500 DT

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
Took my brand new 2021 Ram 1500 DT Big Horn to Firestone Complete Auto Care to get their lifetime alignment and they could not align my truck. I'm not having any problems, just wanted to be sure it was aligned correctly and keep it that way. In the past I've had new vehicles that were out of spec. It costs about double what a one time alignment cost, and I have it checked every time I rotate tires, as I do on my other vehicles.
They use Hunter Alignment Equipment and said their equipment's computer did not have 19-21 Ram 1500 DT specs on it. They said to check back with them.
Has anyone run into this problem ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought my truck back in February and bought the lifetime alignment at 5k miles. No one said anything about not having the correct specs. I took it into the exact same Firestone today at 10k miles and they told me they do not have the 2021 specs?? They said they would use the 2019 specs that should be “close enough.” Would have been nice of them to tell me that last time when I initially bought it. He said they wouldn’t have updated specs until about February. Did you find anywhere else to do the alignment?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I know when I worked at 4wp the alignment machine hadn’t been updated in 7 years or so... we just picked a vehicle that spec’ed close to what we needed and ran with it

Appyfan

Reaction score
The dealer did an an alignment on my 2021 (3 mos from in service date, 2500 miles) under warranty.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It costs them money everytime they update the machine so I highly doubt that they will update it if they dont see a lot of one particular vehicle. If they got inundated with 2020/21 Rams then they would probably do an update but until then they will use data that is "close enough". Places like those chain repair stores won't tell you they dont have the data because, A, the person taking your money probably has no clue and B, they care more about taking your money to make their sales numbers then they do about anything else. I know a couple people that used to work for that particular chain of stores and they always told me they care more about making their "goals and quotas" over anything else

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take it to a different Firestone (Lifetime is honored at ANY firestone around the country). They need to have there's updated as @Rlaf75 said.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I've had my "19 on the Firestone lifetime since the first month of ownership. Never an issue. I find my store to be honest, never feel like I'm being sold. It's all about the people working there. I'd call around to a few other stores. Hard to beat a lifetime alignment and always ask for the printout.

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
I just checked with my local Firestone Complete Auto Care and they still don't have their alignment machine updated to handle my 2021 Ram 1500 DT 4X4.
The service writer knew right away they couldn't do it, but said they were scheduled to update, but didn't know when. I took the truck to the dealer in
March ( 1 year since I purchased it) for an oil change at 3,600 miles and they rotated the tires. The tires are wearing well they said and I've checked them also,
I'd just like to get the Firestone lifetime alignment to keep up with it. At 73, my wife said this was the last truck I could buy. I did keep my '01 Chevy 2500HD 4X4
with 80,000 miles as my work truck.

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
Firestone Complete Auto Care finally got their alignment machine updated in early November 2022 and I got the lifetime alignment. That was right
before I installed new Cooper AT3 XLT Load Range E tires on my truck. I'm running them at 50psi when not towing and the truck is handling great, just a
little stiffer than with the stock tires.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I only have 1 Firestone I will go to, and they only had 2 people who could even use the touch free mounting machine.
1 of them quick or got fired, and the other one is never there it seems. The other 4-5 Firestones within 1 hour from me don't even have a touch free machine.
Last time I got a tire mounted I ended up going to the Ford dealership (and no I don't own a Ford) because there was no one who could do it without scratching the wheels.

Unless you hit something or chance suspension you should never need an alignment.

Weight balancing on tires using a road force balancer sure, but not an alignment.
I used to always make the mistake when I was youngert and buy the lifetime alignments and stuff and I NEVER went back for a second one on any car\truck ive owned.

Same thing with break pads (lifetime warranty from Autozone). I have used OEM pads up to 80k miles before (I guess just the way I drive) so by the time I replace them, I never get a second chance to do it.

Dadcpu

Reaction score
I took my 2019 to Firestone and they said they couldn't align it because it was electronic steering? Took it the RAM dealer and no big deal and said the truck aligns like any other which made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread