5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aligning the exhaust tips

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I saw a post a while back about aligning the exhaust tips but for the life of me I can't find it. If I adjust my exhaust tips closer to the cutout in the bumper, will I run the risk of melting the plastic on the bottom of the bumper? Post pics of how close you moved your tips to your bumper. 20210722_080824.jpg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you go about moving them up?
Loosen the clamp holding them onto the exhaust. It's located about fifteen inches or so in from the end of the tip. With the clamp loose, move it to where you want it and re-tighten the clamp. Be sure to hold it in the position you want while tightening or it could move on you.

downsc123

Reaction score
Loosen the clamp holding them onto the exhaust. It's located about fifteen inches or so in from the end of the tip. With the clamp loose, move it to where you want it and re-tighten the clamp. Be sure to hold it in the position you want while tightening or it could move on you.
Yup, this. Very easy

Vol4Life

Reaction score
Much appreciated. Wish I had known this sooner cause I would have definitely done that. Looks so much better. Tomorrow morning I install a Borla S-type exhaust so we will see how much adjusting I need to do for that.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same - just loosen the bolt that is on the tips, very easy to spot when you poke your head under there. I moved mine up closer to the bumper as well. Also, FWIW, on my 2019, I plasti-dipped my tips and never had any issues with the dip peeling off from the heat. The tips don't actually get as hot as people think they do.

Users who are viewing this thread