5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALFAOBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Could you folks explain to me what ALFAOBD is?
My understanding is that it’s the same concept as Forscan for Ford vehicles except ALFAOBD is for CDJR vehicles.. am i right?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you tried search? There is a ton of info on here about it already. It allows you to make changes to the BCM and various systems in the Ram and other "Alfa" compatible vehicles. Seriously though, use search

ramhouston

Reaction score
Have you tried search? There is a ton of info on here about it already. It allows you to make changes to the BCM and various systems in the Ram and other "Alfa" compatible vehicles. Seriously though, use search
eh i’d rather just cut to the chase. don’t want to read a ton of filler just to get a simple answer.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
eh i’d rather just cut to the chase. don’t want to read a ton of filler just to get a simple answer.
So I'm other words, you'd rather everyone else do the work for you since it's already been answered many times before.

BoxerguyT89

Reaction score
Could you folks explain to me what ALFAOBD is?
My understanding is that it’s the same concept as Forscan for Ford vehicles except ALFAOBD is for CDJR vehicles.. am i right?

That's correct. It lets you change a lot on the BCM.

I have used it to add the OEM trailer brake controller and towing page since my truck didn't come with it. I have adjusted my tire size, changed my running lights to the amber signals, and a few other little things.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes. It's an app or program that allows you to change BCM settings for different factory settings or options. Along with the app you'll need a Bluetooth device to connect to the trucks diagnostic connector and a security gateway bypass harness to access the trucks computers. If you aren't careful you can easily screw up the BCM setting that will require dealer assistance to repair. The alfaobd app only works with Android or windows based devices and costs $50. The Bluetooth connector can costs from $25 to $200 depending on which one you want. The security bypass cable costs between $25 and $100.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Yes. It's an app or program that allows you to change BCM settings for different factory settings or options. Along with the app you'll need a Bluetooth device to connect to the trucks diagnostic connector and a security gateway bypass harness to access the trucks computers. If you aren't careful you can easily screw up the BCM setting that will require dealer assistance to repair. The alfaobd app only works with Android or windows based devices and costs $50. The Bluetooth connector can costs from $25 to $200 depending on which one you want. The security bypass cable costs between $25 and $100.
damn that doesn’t sound very enticing to me lol.. i wonder if there’s a local Houstonian that could assist me with that.

ramhouston

Reaction score
It sorta blows too because either folks don’t wanna help out other members or there just aren’t any ALFAOBD users in the Houston area?
When i asked for Forscan help on my Ford, i had gotten several responses offering to assist me.

Marine6212

Reaction score
If you're in the Middle Georgia area I have Alpha OBD and and the Bluetooth dongle, need the bypass cable to help anyone with a 5th Gen.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
damn that doesn’t sound very enticing to me lol.. i wonder if there’s a local Houstonian that could assist me with that.
I'm across the country from you but the problem for me is ruining someone else's computers because something didn't go right and the factory settings weren't saved properly beforehand. It's good practice to back up the computers factory settings before changing anything. That way if something does screw up you have a reference to what your settings were and can go back and set everything back to factory. Otherwise the dealer will probably give you a hard time because stuff was messed with.

ramhouston

Reaction score
I'm across the country from you but the problem for me is ruining someone else's computers because something didn't go right and the factory settings weren't saved properly beforehand. It's good practice to back up the computers factory settings before changing anything. That way if something does screw up you have a reference to what your settings were and can go back and set everything back to factory. Otherwise the dealer will probably give you a hard time because stuff was messed with.
Yeah same concept goes for Forscan, save all of your original settings because there’s no going back easily without the original settings saved separately.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can never go wrong with helping one another🤷‍♂️

sh*t.. we need more hospitality in this world especially after the pandemic and all the shenanigans going on.
That guys has nothing better to say then search, search, search. Useless as can be. He's put on ignore for a reason!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread