5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Suspension “Set Ride Height Level”

mpj2206

Reaction score
I recently put some larger size 295/70/18 Falken Wildpeaks on my 2019 Rebel.

Since the speedo was about 2 mph off at 60mph, I decided to get AlfaOBD to make some adjustments.

I used a security bypass cable (from Amazon), a Bluetooth OBD adapter, and AlfaOBD.

Since AlfaOBD didn’t specifically list that tire size, I had to enter the circumference a few times before getting it dead on with Google maps.

Next……why not poke around and look at the suspension settings. You know…….just get familiar before POSSIBLY making changes. Big OOPS.

When you go into the “Write Suspension Height Values”, there is no poking around. Since I didn’t have any actual to put in, I thought the back button would be my friend. Nope.

The truck ended up on the ground and bells/whistles on the dash saying “Service Suspension Immediately”.

I tried to input some values found on this site and others. Some values put the truck well into offroad mode, even though the indicator said aero. But, no matter what I did, the “Service Suspension Immediately” code was always active on the dash.

I finally found what appears to be the proper procedure. I could be wrong, but it seems to have worked and no issues for the past week.

When you go into “Write Suspension Height Values” and hit start, the truck suspension lifts the truck to some pre-determined level and the AlfaOBD app is asking for a value for the front left.

At this point, you need to get under the truck and make the measurements listed in the attached pics. In my case, I only had a US tape measure so, I recorded values in inches and 16ths. I used some converter found on google that would convert measurements with 16ths to millimeters. The values in red are my measurements.

By the time I finally got my data for all four points, the AlfaOBD program had timed out. So, be prepared to re-log into the suspension.

Go back to “Write Suspension Height Values”, hit start. Let the truck raise to the pre-determined level, Enter each value. At the end, Alfa will say it is completed and will tell you that you need to calibrate the sensors. I assume this is calibrating the sensors to the values you just entered,

Do a “Height Sensor Calibration”. Alfa should come back with completed but, it will say that you need to clear a code.

Tap the little “check engine” button at the bottom of AlfaOBD. Perform the “Clear Faults”.

Unplug the bypass cable and put the 2 plugs back into the security gateway.
You should be good to go.

. capture1.JPG capture2.JPG

manniemd

Reaction score
I recently put some larger size 295/70/18 Falken Wildpeaks on my 2019 Rebel.

Since the speedo was about 2 mph off at 60mph, I decided to get AlfaOBD to make some adjustments.

I used a security bypass cable (from Amazon), a Bluetooth OBD adapter, and AlfaOBD.

Since AlfaOBD didn’t specifically list that tire size, I had to enter the circumference a few times before getting it dead on with Google maps.

Next……why not poke around and look at the suspension settings. You know…….just get familiar before POSSIBLY making changes. Big OOPS.

When you go into the “Write Suspension Height Values”, there is no poking around. Since I didn’t have any actual to put in, I thought the back button would be my friend. Nope.

The truck ended up on the ground and bells/whistles on the dash saying “Service Suspension Immediately”.

I tried to input some values found on this site and others. Some values put the truck well into offroad mode, even though the indicator said aero. But, no matter what I did, the “Service Suspension Immediately” code was always active on the dash.

I finally found what appears to be the proper procedure. I could be wrong, but it seems to have worked and no issues for the past week.

When you go into “Write Suspension Height Values” and hit start, the truck suspension lifts the truck to some pre-determined level and the AlfaOBD app is asking for a value for the front left.

At this point, you need to get under the truck and make the measurements listed in the attached pics. In my case, I only had a US tape measure so, I recorded values in inches and 16ths. I used some converter found on google that would convert measurements with 16ths to millimeters. The values in red are my measurements.

By the time I finally got my data for all four points, the AlfaOBD program had timed out. So, be prepared to re-log into the suspension.

Go back to “Write Suspension Height Values”, hit start. Let the truck raise to the pre-determined level, Enter each value. At the end, Alfa will say it is completed and will tell you that you need to calibrate the sensors. I assume this is calibrating the sensors to the values you just entered,

Do a “Height Sensor Calibration”. Alfa should come back with completed but, it will say that you need to clear a code.

Tap the little “check engine” button at the bottom of AlfaOBD. Perform the “Clear Faults”.

Unplug the bypass cable and put the 2 plugs back into the security gateway.
You should be good to go.

. View attachment 171249 View attachment 171250
Thank you for the detail info. Im trying it this week. any other interesting things you have done with your AlphaOBD?

Reaction score
Strange. I haven’t had it in my shop to measure the heights a second time since I made the changes, but every time I’ve checked it out since making the changes it’s looked perfectly level to the eye.

Also for context if it helps, I’m a machinist so I’m super OCD about the tiniest differences in height that either: wouldn’t bother most people / most people would never notice

I’m no RAM expert but I have noticed the airbags adjusting at times when I haven’t pressed the ride height switch, and I’m curious if it adjusts them based on how the vehicle is currently sitting, which would mean it should perfectly level itself out when you get back on level ground or at least one would hope
I bought the links from AirLinks Suspension for Jeep Ram Telsa Porsche
I KNOW IM AN IDOT FOR THIS ->(long story, I was out out town and did some offroading. The top part of the link (aftermarket one) has a clip that locks it from poping out, that clip wasnt there anymore. I paniced and glued it (Thats not the issue because I was able to get it off when I came home with wd40 and a 8mm just picked at it and poped out, the problem is now the bottom part of the link with the lock clip has glue on it and wont come off. thats why I bought a whole new sensor with a new link.)

I would just like to know what would happen to my truck after I install the new ride hight sensor before recalibration (There are no warnings in the cluster for air suspension faults). Before I do anything Im gonna disconnect the battery... I think the truck should just go back to factory ride hight but im still gonna get it recalibrated

What are your thoughts?
thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread