5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfaobd question.

jm13

Reaction score
Hi everyone, might be a stupid question but I just got the alfaobd app and all the hardware and was going to change tire size circumference. I have a 2019 ram 1500 big horn and don't know what power net to connect to. Picture attached - any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-150950.png
    Screenshot_20230326-150950.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 50

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, might be a stupid question but I just got the alfaobd app and all the hardware and was going to change tire size circumference. I have a 2019 ram 1500 big horn and don't know what power net to connect to. Picture attached - any help would be appreciated.
It would more than likely be the 19 my DT. I am assuming you have a 5th gen? Also, what are you connecting to your OBD port?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would more than likely be the 19 my DT. I am assuming you have a 5th gen? Also, what are you connecting to your OBD port?
The reason I ask is because at the top it says “Interface Not Connected”

jm13

Reaction score
I just got done downloading the app and was looking through it, I was not in the truck so no connection. I do have the 5th gen and for dt my 2019 power net there is var.1 .2.3.4 I'm new to this and just don't know which one and if I pick the wrong one I don't want to mess anything up

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're not going to mess anything up simply by choosing which "powernet" to go into. You can choose the 2019-2022, it shouldn't make a difference. Once you do that, on the next page you have to click connect for it to begin communicating.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're not going to mess anything up simply by choosing which "powernet" to go into. You can choose the 2019-2022, it shouldn't make a difference. Once you do that, on the next page you have to click connect for it to begin communicating.

If you scroll down further there is a 2019 option Wirth no var. View attachment 155417
Exactly what they said you won’t mess anything up but yes use the MY2019 Powernet. But before you make any changes I would ALWAYS make a back up of your settings before hand that is rule number 1! After you make any changes that you wanted backup those files as well. This helps to ensure if anything ever gets whipped you can just restore the setting you backed up. There are some great tutorial videos on YouTube for beginners using Alfa by the way I’d check them out if you are uncomfortable.

jm13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I watched a few videos on backing everything up on Google drive and will definitely do that. Thanks

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I watched a few videos on backing everything up on Google drive and will definitely do that. Thanks
you can also just take a picture of the setting you're about to change, so you know what to change it back to in the event it does something weird.

Users who are viewing this thread