5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD OEM Security Alarm Bighorn

deanfx

Reaction score
I couldn't find any info with the search function other than a mis-spelled thread titled "alpha". Anyway it seems that you have to have an Android or Windows machine to use this software. I use an iPhone and a MacBook. Any suggestions from you guys on what I can do now? I am trying to enable the security alarm on a '19 Bighorn. Thanks in advance. I also thought we could use this thread to discuss if it's even possible to enable the security system.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
You could always download parallels or VMware and run windows 10 on your MacBook in emulation. I have done this in the past for my prior F150 with Forscan and works like a charm. When you plug in your ODB2 adapter the system will ask to mount the USB input to Mac or Virtual Machine (windows). Very easy and flexible solution for less than $75.

deanfx

Reaction score
You could always download parallels or VMware and run windows 10 on your MacBook in emulation. I have done this in the past for my prior F150 with Forscan and works like a charm. When you plug in your ODB2 adapter the system will ask to mount the USB input to Mac or Virtual Machine (windows). Very easy and flexible solution for less than $75.
Appreciate that. I have bootcamp on my Mac with windows, didn't think about doing that.

Timmy0278

Reaction score
I couldn't find any info with the search function other than a mis-spelled thread titled "alpha". Anyway it seems that you have to have an Android or Windows machine to use this software. I use an iPhone and a MacBook. Any suggestions from you guys on what I can do now? I am trying to enable the security alarm on a '19 Bighorn. Thanks in advance. I also thought we could use this thread to discuss if it's even possible to enable the security system.

Were you able to enable the security system, and if so, how did you accomplish this?

deanfx

Reaction score
Were you able to enable the security system, and if so, how did you accomplish this?
I paid the dealer for 30 minutes and they activated the OEM security system complete with blinking red dash light.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I paid the dealer for 30 minutes and they activated the OEM security system complete with blinking red dash light.

Do all the bighorn have a security system and just have to be activated or does it have to say it does on the build sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanfx

Reaction score
Do all the bighorn have a security system and just have to be activated or does it have to say it does on the build sheet.

Mine didn't say it on the build sheet. I assume they all have it. Just not activated.

Raydar

Reaction score
I turned mine on.
You won't have a hood switch or the unlock button on the outside door handle. (That IS a "thing"... right?)
But otherwise it works perfectly. (They gotta be in the cab to pop the hood, anyway, so the lack of a hood switch is immaterial to me.)

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ok mine doesn’t have the button on the outside door handle so I can still have turned on ?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Yes. Mine doesn't have it either. Sorry for the confusion.

Good when I go to the dealership to for the rear window leak I'll ask them about it.

Ram909

Reaction score
Where do you go in Alfa obd to turn the alarm on

daze513

Reaction score
Getting my AlfaOBD delivered in a few days along with he SGW bypass. Any info on where to activate this?

Users who are viewing this thread