5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD mirror hardware question

sefar

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been reading this forum till my eyes bled and still don't know the answer to my question.

I followed the threads here to replace my tow mirrors with power folding mirrors and ordered all the parts. I got the security block eliminater and already have a bluetooth obd reader. I have a Galaxy Z fold 3 and a laptop, was wondering which version of the software you folks recommend to add the folding mirrors. I downloaded both but because I didn't hook either up to my vehicle, I can't get them to run enough to see what options are visible.

As a side note, my truck is a limited, and the new mirrors have cameras. Is it possible to enable the 360 camera view?

Thanks in advance.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd suggest the windows version. It is a little more powerful with a little more options. But, you'd still be able to accomplish it the Android version too.

You can add the 360 camera view, but you will need additional hardware. I'm working on adding it with some help from another member. We then should be able to get a write up on it.

sig-nifigant

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been reading this forum till my eyes bled and still don't know the answer to my question.

I followed the threads here to replace my tow mirrors with power folding mirrors and ordered all the parts. I got the security block eliminater and already have a bluetooth obd reader. I have a Galaxy Z fold 3 and a laptop, was wondering which version of the software you folks recommend to add the folding mirrors. I downloaded both but because I didn't hook either up to my vehicle, I can't get them to run enough to see what options are visible.

As a side note, my truck is a limited, and the new mirrors have cameras. Is it possible to enable the 360 camera view?

Thanks in advance.
what hardware did you buy? what year truck?

sefar

Reaction score
If you mean programming wise, here ya go:

Here is the security gateway bypass, $25. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DLB6VH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have an OBDlink Mx that bluetooth connects to my phone- Amazon says unavailable but they are out there. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the Android version of AlfaOBD, worked like a charm on my Fold3 phone. If you mean the parts to do the conversion, I got the parts list from the forum and found a pair of used mirrors for $200 on eBay that work perfectly, waiting on colormatched caps to come in this week.

Users who are viewing this thread