5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Help

Black19

Reaction score
I’m looking to make my turns as DRL. And possibly lock out MDS as it sounds like crap with my Borla exhaust.
Is there anyone local, York PA that has the tools and would be willing to do this?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to make my turns as DRL. And possibly lock out MDS as it sounds like crap with my Borla exhaust.
Is there anyone local, York PA that has the tools and would be willing to do this?
I believe you need someone with alfa obd to program the lights.
Tazer permanently installed for the MDS disable. Could be wrong.
TANSTAAFL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
alfaObd can't do anything for MDS. Just use the gear limit switch ch everytime to drive and keep it in 8 to prevent MDS. Or hit tow/haul button.

Or the TazerDT as mentioned can do both things for you, and easier than navigating alfaObd menus.

RLee276

Reaction score
I have Alfa but I’m afraid to touch it. All the mods I wanted was done easily with tazer DT.

RLee276

Reaction score

Is there anyone local, York PA that has the tools and would be willing to do this?tazer DT does not have a setting to turn off mds. I have the latest firmware and I have not seen the setting. 2020 ram 1500. Hope that helps.

Black19

Reaction score
Tazer DT purchased & installed. Small learning curve, but changes are working.
Can’t see a way to lock out MDS, guessing gear up/down is. My only way.
Loving the Tazer so far!

Users who are viewing this thread