5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD compatibility

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm going to get the alfaOBD app and I'm curious if anyone used these or know if they are compatible with the alfaOND app? Screenshot_20221016-222328_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20221016-222403_Amazon Shopping.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use that obd scanner. I have a Tazerdt, so don't need bypass harness

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does the TazerDT do the same thing as alfaOBD?
Yes and no. There are things they both do. But there are live features the TazerDT gast that alfaOBD can't do, and there are changes you can make with alfaObd that haven't been set up on the TazerDT. Theoretically the TazerDT could do everything alfaObd can, but it would need programmed to do it by Z-Automotive.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes and no. There are things they both do. But there are live features the TazerDT gast that alfaOBD can't do, and there are changes you can make with alfaObd that haven't been set up on the TazerDT. Theoretically the TazerDT could do everything alfaObd can, but it would need programmed to do it by Z-Automotive.
Is the tazerDT really $300? The alfaOBD app is like $50 and the bluetooth connector is $25 and the bypass cable is like $20. I don't know what the differences are between alfa and the tazer because I have zero experience with either. The only real things I want to do is cancel the fog light drop out with high beams, add the tailgate down warning light and add the right side auto dimming mirror if possible. As far as diagnostics, I'm a mechanic so I'm not worried about that so I don't think I can justify the extra cost for the tazerDT

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the tazerDT really $300? The alfaOBD app is like $50 and the bluetooth connector is $25 and the bypass cable is like $20. I don't know what the differences are between alfa and the tazer because I have zero experience with either. The only real things I want to do is cancel the fog light drop out with high beams, add the tailgate down warning light and add the right side auto dimming mirror if possible. As far as diagnostics, I'm a mechanic so I'm not worried about that so I don't think I can justify the extra cost for the tazerDT
Here are the list of things only the TazerDT can give you. If none of these are important to you, then it's not worth it. Not all of them are available for all trim levels and/or option packages

List of Live Functions (ENGINE ON) • activate Light Show • hold brakes at a red light • enable navigation entry in-motion • TurnCAM – activate backup camera when turn signals are used (5”, 7”, 8.4” and 12.1” UConnect) (excluding 2022 temporarily) • Kill3Honk – disable three honks that sound when leaving running vehicle with keys • ParkCam – activate SurroundView and front camera when front parking sensors are triggered • automatically fold mirrors in/out on startup/shutdown • override factory DRLs with amber DRL and turn on factory marker lights, including TRX hood lights in multiple modes (day, night or both) • flash third brake light when braking • customize third brake light flash pattern • define Winch Mode RPM • flash lights to indicate tire pressure while airing up/down • Dark Mode – turn off all exterior lighting and dash/radio/shifter lights while parked with the engine running • activate backup camera • Force RWD (TRX only) • activate 0-30 timer • activate 0-60 timer • display firmware version List of “Non-Menu” Live Functions (NOT IN A MENU — AUTOMATIC OR ACTIVATED WITH BUTTON INPUTS ONLY) • AutoStopStart Disable – Tazer DT will automatically remember the last state of the auto stop/start system and set it for you the next time you start the vehicle • AutoTracKill – Tazer DT will automatically remember the last state of the traction control system and set it for you the next time you start the vehicle • Drive Mode Memory (TRX only) – Tazer DT will automatically remember drive mode and set it the next time you start the vehicle • disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph or at any speed if mapped to a button • Axle Locker Control – engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand. • Cooldown Mode – turn on engine fans on-demand • Winch Mode – raise idle RPM to user-selected value between 1300 and 2000 • Line Lock – lock the front brakes for an easy burnout • Rock Crawl – lock all four brakes with a steering wheel button combo to hold the vehicle still, especially helpful when off-road • TC Kill – turn off traction control, stability control and ABS • show backup camera (shortcut) • Turn Assist – lock the inside back tire for sharper turns (button remap function only) • remap buttons to: Any of the 8 light shows Backup cameras TC Kill Line Lock Rock Crawl Winch Mode Cooldown Front/Rear/Front+Rear Lockers SwayKill Dark Mode Turn Assist Force RWD • Partial Reboot These are all accessed using the dash display, using steering wheel buttons to navigate the menus. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy HOME STORE SUPPORT WARRANTY MY ACCOUNT Copyright 2022 © Z Automotive

Users who are viewing this thread