5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alexa skill?

Rich

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the Amazon Alexa skill for Uconnect?

EDIT to add that the "RAM" skill works, but the skill named "Uconnect" will not work, so be sure to try the RAM skill!

I tried setting up the "Uconnect" skill and it just says that I have no vehicles on my UConnect account! Hmmm.

I can remote start my RAM with the UConnect app, the Mopar web site, why not with the Alexa Skill?

I'm getting too lazy to pick up my cell phone or key fob, I just want to talk into thin air to start my truck on a cold morning! :)

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Google says it only works with UConnect 3C... but I guess you could have had Alexa google that for you...

Rich

Reaction score
Yes, but I didn't try google, I was trying the uconnect website which seems to say that if you have UConnect 4C or 4C with Nav, that it should work!

https://www.driveuconnect.com/faq.html#alexa

Of course it doesn't list the 2019 vehicles, but I was hoping that it was just a typo or old info on the website. One would wonder why it won't work on a newer vehicle and the error message from Alexa was a bit cryptic, as I do my vehicle in Uconnect. ;)

Rich

Reaction score
I read the UConnect 4C manual and it says Alexa integration should work. It implies that we may need to call Serious to have the feature enabled, but I haven't tried this yet.

Rich

Reaction score
I just tried this again now: "Ask RAM to start my car"

It worked! :)

Cool to know it's fixed now!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great! you're the second person who just got it to work today. Any chance you can make a quick video doing it next to your truck?

chrisngrod

Reaction score
Someone put a one star review on the skill that no one could get this to work.

So I came here to tell everyone I got it to work. :ROFLMAO:

Had to download the Alexa App (iOS). I only have a Google Assistant at my house.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Had to download the Alexa App (iOS). I only have a Google Assistant at my house.

^ ^ ^ HAHA That was me! This morning. lol Before you confirmed it worked. I was Amazon feed it on my screen and I was like "Really" I know we have been talking about that on the forum and no on has been able to get it to work. The lates was just a week of two ago. So I game them an 1*. Maybe I'll edit it if we can see that it is legit for all and consistent. (not like the uConnect Nav maps current to 2017 :(

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Would love to see a video of you doing it and it working if you could figure out how.

Rich

Reaction score
Great! you're the second person who just got it to work today. Any chance you can make a quick video doing it next to your truck?

Just a while ago, you told me I was the first, please make up your mind! :)

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Meh.. I got it to work. Use RAM skill and link it with your SiriusXM guardian app. Uconnect skill will cause a conflict if enabled.
First you say, Alexa, ask RAM to start my car. Then it will ask for your 4 digit pin. Then ask you to confirm. It will do all things on the SiriusXM app. Has a certain cool factor but a bit clunky to use like everything else Alexa.

Rich

Reaction score
Oh this is a good point to mention, the "Uconnect" skill is still broken and won't work!

But the "RAM" skill seems to work perfectly.

You can check tire pressure, fuel level, oil life without a PIN.

But to start the vehicle or unlock the doors you need to say the PIN code.

Keep this in mind if you try this in public or try to demo it to your friends, they will all learn your PIN code.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Oh this is a good point to mention, the "Uconnect" skill is still broken and won't work!

But the "RAM" skill seems to work perfectly.

You can check tire pressure, fuel level, oil life without a PIN.

But to start the vehicle or unlock the doors you need to say the PIN code.

Keep this in mind if you try this in public or try to demo it to your friends, they will all learn your PIN code.
I chuckled at your last comment! So true!! And I have hellions for nephews that come over on occasion who love to mess with my ‘smart’ devices. Unfortunately, it seems for me the stats of the truck are not supported with 12” screen.

myram2019

Reaction score
I just installed RAM on alexa and it works. thanks for the info guys.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I can confirm the RAM skill name works fine for me. Too bad you have to blab your PIN code.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm the RAM skill name works fine for me. Too bad you have to blab your PIN code.

I have not done it - truck is in JB so living and learning through you guys, but I would think they would have it so that the App and pin are voice recognized only by the actual device that it was installed on. They should make it where on your specific phone(s) you have to enter your VIN when you first set it up, and then a pin. Then, on that phone only, with that pin or voice only it will start with a command and pin (or voice recognition as Google Home uses). Then, only a person who is speaking to your actual phone or Alexa Dot at your house and says your pin could start it. This would stop some random person from starting it anywhere. If this was the case, and a person tries to mess with you and says it to your phone or at your house, you can simply punch them in the face, and say "Ram Stop My Truck" - Old School Theft Deterrent! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it's not matched by VIN and a specific device? It has to be. Otherwise I'd hate the be the guy in Utah right now who's pin is 1234. Buddy - Your truck just started!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::devilish:

Users who are viewing this thread