5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album Art not displayed using Apple CarPlay

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
Looking for a little help here. All of a sudden, while on Pandora, the album art does not display while using Apple CarPlay via the lightning cord. If I bluetooth, I will get the album art. I have removed and reinstalled Pandora with no luck. I have changed out 4 cords with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
Update. Album Art does work using the lightning cord while playing Apple Music. Crazy.

Chunkle

Reaction score
Amazon music player on iphone via cable just started doing the same thing for me a couple weeks back. Album art shows fine in the split screen carplay amazon music app , but swapping to full 12" 'Media' page you get no album art showing, just the play button and swirl, but using Apple Music give the album art on both screens.. Will try on bluetooth tonight and see if that makes any difference to getting the art work in Amazon music. It's been driving me crazy as I swore it used to show album art on the F/S media page, but thought maybe I was just going mad till I read this...

Chunkle

Reaction score
Cconfirmed - full screen media page shows album art over bluetooth streaming from Amazon music app but doesn't show it over carplay interface.. very strange..

And yes, "show album art" option is selected with in Carpplay setting before anyone asks...

Using apple music app however shows album art over both bluetooth and carplay however...

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
I think it is my phone. I have the iPhone 8 Plus that is not displaying the album art. I’ve changed cords, changed which USB port I use and still get the same results.

Recently I started a new job and with that came a new iPhone SE. I have ZERO issues using this phone as I am getting the album art on the top and bottom portion of the screen and the entire screen when media is selected.

That being said, I feel it is Apple’s way of making us get new phones. 🤔

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haven’t seen that one yet. IPhone’s are notorious for weird glitches coming and going. I cycle the power on mine every few days and that almost always corrects these problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online