5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airtabs?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at getting a travel trailer, and dreading how horrible the aerodynamics are going to be. I've been researching trailer tails a bit, but also found these "Airtabs" things.
Airtab | Aerodynamic Fuel Savers | Application
Does anyone have experience with these? I know there is some basis to managed turbulence, like golf balls flying 20% farther with dimples, for example. At $220 a kit, I'm thinking these might be worthwhile if they actually help a little. What does anyone know or think?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
F7DE5079-E10F-4490-9197-A40AEAD2E7AC.jpeg

Lol, j/k. I have no input on that other than it looks like something that is on a Pep Boy’s shelf and stuck on every ‘90’s honda civic.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of major trucking fleets use them so there must be something to it.

drydocked

Reaction score
I put them on mine last year but only on the roof because I don't have the smooth fiberglass sidewalls so they couldn't be attached to the sides. I don't know how much they helped since they're only on the roof and I had only towed the trailer once before they went on, but for the price I thought it would be worth a try. Instead of ordering the kit I figured out how many I needed and ordered that quantity so I think it's only about $100 I have in them.
The main reason I added them was because I read comments about them helping minimize the trailer being pushed around by passing vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread