5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airaid Junior 301-780 or 300-780

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
I had it on a v6 long bed single cab Silverado a long time ago I think it was a 2005 haha. It sounded awesome. But I don’t remember any power. Maybe because it was the worst truck combination you could ever pick!

sawyer84

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s not a good combo, lol. I haven’t gotten any feedback on this so I may just pull the trigger on it and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s not a good combo, lol. I haven’t gotten any feedback on this so I may just pull the trigger on it and see how it goes.

Yeah let me know I’m close to pulling the trigger too but want to level it first

CharlieP

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Airaid Jr. Intake 301-780 or 300-780? I had one of these on my last 2014 GMC Sierra and I loved it. I want to pull the trigger on it, but I wanted to see if anybody here had any personal experiences with this system. I would be going with the dry filter.

https://www.airaid.com/cold-air-intakes/301-780-junior-air-intake-system
Just ordered Mine will be delivered Friday I also did the dry filter. Had one on my 08 Silverado and liked it so went with Airaid Again

sawyer84

Reaction score
Awesome man! I haven't ordered mine yet. Please post some pics and let us know how you like it.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Man, that full CAI system is EXPENSIVE! If I was going with a full system, I would either go with Vararam or S&B. I had the Vararam on my previous truck, 2014 Ram, and could tell a difference, I just don't want to put that kind of CAI on my brand new truck. The S&B has good reviews, looks good, and is only $300.

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score
Oh nice. I’ll take a look at those.

The custom painted filter they did for old smoky was great though.

59ff763d246510d1336c96da9f6cbda8.jpg

Man, that full CAI system is EXPENSIVE! If I was going with a full system, I would either go with Vararam or S&B. I had the Vararam on my previous truck, 2014 Ram, and could tell a difference, I just don't want to put that kind of CAI on my brand new truck. The S&B has good reviews, looks good, and is only $300.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Well after checking out the S&B intake again and realizing it's only $100 more than the Airaid Jr., I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the S&B.

mfmccoy

Reaction score
Airaid Junior air kit...Filter alone is $75 and then you are paying $125 for a plastic tube??? Seriously? Who do they think they are, Mopar?

Cleave

Reaction score
Agreed. I had one on my 2011 Silverado. It was thought of as a logical alternative my most members on that forum, Because the factory airbox was not necessarily a poor design. The smooth bellow was a nice replacement with the aftermarket filter. I don't recall it being a $200 kit though. That's kind of crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread