5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Tank in Ram Bin

newfrank

Reaction score
Simple question - Has anyone put an air tank in the Ram Bins?

This guy did:

blacksheep37

Reaction score
This guy did:
Thanks, but he actually mounted the compressor. I was wondering if anyone put a tank in.

newfrank

Reaction score
Dang you're right, my bad. I misread your post.

I imagine it would be the same process as installing a compressor. Find a tank that fits in the bin, run your hoses into it from the underside of the truck.

blacksheep37

Reaction score
Dang you're right, my bad. I misread your post.

I imagine it would be the same process as installing a compressor. Find a tank that fits in the bin, run your hoses into it from the underside of the truck.
Finding a tank that will fit seems to be the difficult part.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am going to be adding an Extra Sanden AC Compressor to my Ecodiesel to
make On-Board Air for my Nathan Airchime K5LA Train Horns and Tool Ports.
The air tanks on my 2008 Big Horn were from Airlift and mounted to the Frame Rails.
I will be looking for a place for the Air Tank, but may end up mounting it in the Bed
on top of the 72 Gal Aux Fuel Tank if I can't find a place under the Truck. The RAM
Bins would be too small for the Horns as they need 120cf/Min.

Malodave

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would probably have to get something custom made if you want to put it in the underfloor Ram bins. They aren't that big and are an odd shape.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Viair 380c Compressor it took 23 minutes to fill my 9 Gallon tank from 0 to 200 PSI.
I switched to a York 210 AC Compressor on my Hemi Engine and it would do the Same thing in
3 minutes at idle. I had to put a cold air kit on and remove the Air Box. The Brackets I designed
and had laser cut. There is also a Hybrid Serpentine and V belt pulley on the Alternator.

Malodave

RAM-YorkMount1.jpg

RAM-YorkMount2.jpg

RAM-YorkMount3.jpg

RAM-YorkMount4.jpg

RAM-YorkMount5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread